• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carl Edwards.......

JakeFlake

make the tire 10x harder, or do what f1 did to limit traction: groove the tires, even if its only the fronts. if they can make the guys slow it up in the corners it would help alot, but do it so like in the early 90s, you can have a guy or 3 run away like sr did at daytona (and lost to cope later as a tire screwed him). if they can break the pack up more and at the same time slow them down they are on to something.

but this is nascar, it takes a death or near one to really change things. it took forever to get plates on the cars, countless flips and roles to get the roof flaps, heck it took forever for someone to get the hans out there even with the death of adam petty, and finally mandated after sr. add to that the safer barriers too. and it took forever to make the car safer rather than faster with the COT. regaurdless of he looks or performance of the COT, it finally got nascar to have a safe car to put the drivers in.

make the tire 10x harder, or do what f1 did to limit traction: groove the tires, even if its only the fronts. if they can make the guys slow it up in the corners it would help alot, but do it so like in the early 90s, you can have a guy or 3 run away like sr did at daytona (and lost to cope later as a tire screwed him). if they can break the pack up more and at the same time slow them down they are on to something.
Sounds like a great idea! Should be easy for Goodyear, like making a tire for Indy that lasts for more than 10 laps...

...oh, wait. :frown2:

LOL - YES!!! I actually mentioned that while watching the race.
So I guess the slingshot move he made with Keselowski was the shake and bake? :lol:

In a way, I think we're missing the real problem here. The fact that the car got airborne and hit the fence is part of the problem. However, the bigger issue is the debris that flew into the grandstands (since that's the direct cause of all the injuries). It's not a problem unique to Talladega and not even NASCAR itself...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,480652,00.html

Furthermore, I still remember at Daytona when Robby Gordon's hood flew off and injured a fan.

http://www.nascar.com/2003/news/opinion/smith/07/08/lastlap_fansafety/index.html

I'm not trying to say that we should not hear the concerns from drivers and fans about safety for everyone at the race track but racing has and will likely continue to be a sporting event with real inherent dangers that can be minimized but never eliminated.

Archived