• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ken's 1St Round Mock Draft

Ken

Here's my mock of what will happen in the 1st round (NO TRADES). Sorry no pics... (too lazy)

1. Colts - Andrew Luck (QB) - No Brainer

2. Redskins - Robert Griffin III (QB) - Traded the world for him.

3. Vikings - Matt Kallil (T) - Immediately helps their AWFUL offensive Line

4. Browns - Trent Richardson (RB) - BPA.

5. Buccaneers - Morris Claiborne (CB) - The Bucs need help at CB and get the best one in the draft.

6. Rams - Justin Blackmon (WR) - Could easily go with Cox but they need a #1 WR and Blackmon is that guy.

7. Jaguars - Melvin Ingram (OLB/DE) - Could go with sexy pick in Floyd but WR is deep and they need an impact guy on defense

8. Dolphins - Ryan Tannehil (QB) - Not a big fan of Tannehil but he's the 3rd best QB and oddly enough the 'Fins is the best fit for him.

9. Panthers - Quinton Coples (DE) - Toss up between Cox but I have a hunch the FO/Coaching staff will give the DTs on the roster another chance. Also think Coples can come in and start day 1 as a bookend to CJ

10. Bills - Stephon Gilmore (CB) - Surprised? Well Reif seems like the right pick but the Bills don't like him and he hasn't even been in for a visit. They also want to improve the CB position.

11. Chiefs - David De Castro (G) - Best Guard in years and they need OL help. Chiefs don't view ILB as a big need so no Kuechly. (won't be surprised if he's picked though)

12. Seahawks - Luke Kuechly (ILB) - If Kuechly falls this far they take him. They need a ILB more than a DE.

13. Cardinals - Riley Rieff (T) - Could go with Floyd but Kolb is injury prone so they need to shore up Offensive Line.

14. Cowboys - Mark Barron (S) - The boys will be hoping/praying/wishing Barron falls to them. They NEED him in their secondary.

15. Eagles - Fletcer Cox (DT) - HIGHLY doubt Cox falls this far but since no trades Eagles pick Best DT available.

16. Jets - Courtney Upshaw (DE) - Though Jones is flying up the boards, the Jets have LOVED Upshaw for awhile now.(along with Ingram)

17. Bengals - Dre Kirkpatrick (CB) - The Bengals need a CB and hopes either Gilmore or Dre falls to them. In fact I think Dre physicality fits into their style of play better.

18. Chargers - Chandler Jones (DE) - Sigh, not sure what the Charges will do but the logical thing here would be DE but they could replace Jackson with Floyd.

19. Bears - Michael Floyd (WR) - Though they got Marshall(via a steal), another guy like Floyd would be fantastic.

20. Titans - Dontari Poe (DT) - Titans would love Dre/Gilmore here but too bad... they take a big DT after losing Jones.

21. Bengals Cordy Glenn (G) - After shoring up the secondary, the Bengals protect their franchise QB with a very good Guard

22. Browns - Jonathan Martin (T) - After getting a star RB, they could go WR here now but McCoy is small and injury prone so they take a very talented Tackle.

23. Lions - Janoris Jenkins (CB) - The Lions don't care about the weed so they take the best cover corner of the draft. If he keeps his nose clean, this WILL BE a steal.

24. Steelers - Dont'a Hightower (ILB) - A perfect fit IMO

25. Broncos - Michael Brockers (DT) - They NEED a DT and Brockers has tons of potential. I really like Brockers and I think he'll be really good in 2-3 years.

26. Texans - Kendall Wright (WR) - The Texans could replace Super Mario but they get a #2 WR to pair with Andre. (though I'm not sold about Wright)

27. Patriots - Whitney Mercilus (DE/OLB) - The Patriots need a pass rusher and get a very good one here.

28. Packers - Shea McClelin (DE/OLB) - The Packers would like Mercilus but no matter they like Shea and won't mind picking him here.

29. Ravens - Peter Konz © - The Ravens need a C to replace their aging center. Though Peter King says they don't like Konz and they won't take him... but meh fug it, this pick makes perfect sense.

30. 49ers - Stephan Hill (WR) - The Niners need help at WR even though they brought in Moss and Manningham.

31. Patriots - Harrison Smith(S) - Apparently they want to trade this pick but Smith could make them want to stay.

32. Giants - Doug Martin (RB) - The Giants need help at RB and Martin is the 2nd best RB in the draft IMO. Fleener is a popular pick but he isn't a great blocker and Mike Pope like TEs who can block.

Pretty good right? ..... right? Tell me what you guys think.

Jenkins won't be going in the first, that is for sure. Some have him in the third now because there are teams that have outright said that they won't touch him.

Other than that it looks solid.

Wasn't going to put him there but this changed my mind

Despite recent marijuana-related incidents involving the team’s top two draft picks in 2011 (Nick Fairley and Mikel Leshoure), the Detroit Lions won’t be shying away from players with marijuana in their past.

Lions G.M. Martin Mayhew explained the team’s position on Thursday.

I wonder who they take if both coples and cox are available at our pick

Great question. I think they'll be trying their best to trade down. If they can't then either Kuechly, Floyd, DeCastro or Gilmore

Archived