• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Laptop

Jeff L

My wife has taken over my laptop because hers took a dump so I'm in the market for a new one. Don't need anything fancy as I would just be using it to surf the web and do homework. Has anyone bought one recently in the $500 range that they have been happy with?

Thanks! :)

STAY away from Acer or e-Machines! They are poo!

IF you plan on buying it on-line, sign up for Upromise or Ebates and get money back for your purchases. Upromise offers 5% back from 100's of stores, including Best Buys, Tiger direct, egghead, Walmart, Sears, ect. Plus they have customer coupons usually good for free shipping, or special deals to help you save even more money.

I just ordered over $900 from Sears worth of video equipment. I'll get $44 back thru uPromise. (Plus it was for my business so I paid no sales tax! $65 savings!) And free shipping! Another $20+/- savings.

Also, you can put the money you save towards college or a collge fund for the kids! Or just get a check quarterly and spend it!

Waiting on the Dell XPS 13 for work to replace my 4200. I like my 4200, just need a bit more HD space flexibility but SD cards handle that easily. My two 7500s in my office are space heaters, but love how they take the punishment I throw at them. Before working here, I was iffy on Dell...but it is like night and day when you get the VIP treatment.

Archived