• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So I Guess On Friday I Will Be A College Graduate

XClown1986

I graduate from ECU with a degree in English on Friday. I'm applying to graduate school and have some professors in my corner, but I'm starting to get tired of school. I want to take my education as far as I can, but I am 25 and I really would like to start the next phase of my life. Is the masters worth it? I mean in the long run, because I am starting to doubt it a bit. I just had a bad bout of senioritis and barely got through some of the odd-ball classes I needed to graduate, but I did it. I love my major, but don't know how far it can take me. Anybody have any insight?

i took a year off after graduating before going to grad school due to burnout but i'll say it's worth it. undergrad sucked because you end up taking a lot of classes that you're really not all that interested in, surrounded by people with all kinds of different majors. also i've done more networking in one semester of graduate school than i did in 4 years of undergrad. oh and i don't know if you really want to go out in today's economy looking for a job with a ba in english.

You majored in English right? Do you know any other Languages? Spanish to be more exact. There's some programs that let you travel abroad and you get to teach English as a Foreign Language.

There's a program that takes you to chile and you teach. Some other programs don't even require you to know the language of the country you'll be teaching in. Crazy right? But it's experience. Not sure if that's an option you'd be interested in. Just putting it out there.

I've known two chicks that did this, one went to Chile, the other went to Korea. They loved it, got to see a country, sight see, mingle, got paid for it. Came back and everything was fine.

I know a guy who did that in Japan. He was (is) over 6 feet tall, and a ginger. When he walked down the street he stuck out like crazy, as you can imagine. But, for his first couple of years there he never bought a drink in a bar. Women were all over him, dying to see "what its like". He ended up marrying a Japanese girl and settling down over there, still there.

Archived