• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Footballoutsiders rank the 2010 offense as the 6th worst since 1992.

Stroupe-a-loop

play on words IMO.

Was the Indy offense all about Peyton? Yes. Did they try to take advantage of the other weapons they had? Of course.

I don't give Cam all the credit (as I mentioned in my post).....he was just the biggest factor. Cam can't do it alone. That IMO is what Rivera is implying. But this is Cam's team in just about every way you look at it.

no kidding.

the problem, point of debate or whatever, has been about the RBs and how much and whether they should be involved more. it's been said by a few that they aren't needed/necessary for what the panthers are doing, that it's misdirected and using them more as runners takes away from the cammy cam show. it doesn't. it adds to it, esp. to the overall offense.

i don't understand the fascination with comparing league wide stats with what the panthers are doing or paying attention to certain rankings as far as pass:rush. none of that matters because the panthers are essentially rewriting how offense is run, not just because of cam (although he is redefining the QB position), but because of what chud does as an OC and how williams, stewart, and tolbert will be used in the offense as runners and receivers. you don't keep talent like that around, giving them the money you are, and then go out and sign another RB unless there is a plan for them to be used. and using them won't hold back newton and it definitely won't hold the offense back.

none of us know exactly how they will be used, but thinking that they won't play a significant part in what the offense does just seems a bit on the naive side of things. whether they should be used is another issue, but the only way to find out for sure is let the season be played and the end results of this season and the next couple seasons is the only way to truly know if they (the FO and coaching staff) knows what they are doing. until proven otherwise with this era of the panthers, i'm going to say that they know what they are doing and that taking care of 34 & 28 like they have and signing tolbert was a good/worthwhile idea.

Archived