• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

option

doghead28

You realized that when we could run the football...we ran it pretty effectively for 4-5 yards a pop, right?

Any play will be stopped for no gain or a loss a few times, the option is no different. Reality is, we were down by 20+ points pretty quick. No time to run the football there. That's why we were passing all night.

The offense should be designed around whatever Cam is most comfortable with. If that is the option game then so be it. He can excel in any system. If they throw out all the option plays and start fresh with a more traditional system, you're just increasing Cam's workload at a time when the focus really needs to be on getting the rest of team to match Cam's effort. Cam has a busy life and shouldn't be bothered with learning new schemes every week. He has endorsements, appearances, fans, and a brand to market and maintain.

I fear the coaches will overwork him.

The offense should be designed around whatever Cam is most comfortable with. If that is the option game then so be it. He can excel in any system. If they throw out all the option plays and start fresh with a more traditional system, you're just increasing Cam's workload at a time when the focus really needs to be on getting the rest of team to match Cam's effort. Cam has a busy life and shouldn't be bothered with learning new schemes every week. He has endorsements, appearances, fans, and a brand to market and maintain.

I fear the coaches will overwork him.

He needs to stop all this other stuff, and focus on being a QB. Now I've seen Cam improve amazingly, and even though he threw a couple of ints against the Bucs, I still saw his improvement from last season. Yet if it is going to take 9 years for this guy to become a full QB, we need to trade him right now. I mean Vick is still trying to learn how to be a QB.

Come on Cam.

Archived