• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Homeland sweeps the Emmys ...am I missing out?

Dpantherman

I'm always in for tequila at Brazwells (or anywhere for that matter).

Brody won't get axed as long as the show gets renewed. They have his SIM card now, but he doesn't actually confess anything on it that would indict him. The show plays out like it could go 4 seasons before jumping the shark and I hope they never extend for just viewership.

Side note: Any idea where they filmed the scenes with Brody and the bomb-maker?

Here is the address to the Brody house for anyone that's interested. 3319 knob hill court charlotte nc

Story checks out--I rode by there tonight around 11 after leaving a friend's apartment. The neighbor was outside and stared me down like I was up to no good...can't really blame him.

If I had to pick a show to start watching to fill the time until the new Breaking Bad comes out, should I watch Dexter or Homeland?

If I had to pick a show to start watching to fill the time until the new Breaking Bad comes out, should I watch Dexter or Homeland?

Dexter will keep you busy for longer (6 full seasons) but right now I think Homeland is the better show in their current states. TBH you've got time to watch both since we won't see Walter White again till next July.

I heard a lot about Homeland and recorded the first season earlier this year. I began watching without ever asking anyone their opinion just before Season 2 started so I could keep a running story line.

Sorry, but I watched the first 6 episodes before I knew I could easily walk away and not feel as though I was missing anything. The guy was a POW for years and all of a sudden he's home and everything is just peachy. C'mon, just that opening of unbelievable non-reality was enough to turn me off. In the real military world he would have been in debriefings and psychological testing and counseling for months before he could even think about a return to any type of normal life.

And as pleasant as Claire Danes and Morena Baccarin are to look at, the Carrie Matheson character is just way too neurotic for my taste. Not to mention by the third episode you know exactly how each of them are going to react to virtually every little conflict or issue that pops up in the script.

Boardwalk Empire, Shameless, The Big C, Californication, Nurse Jackie, House of Lies are all better...just my opinion....

The opening scene tonight with Estes and Saul was the one they filmed a few houses down from our place earlier this spring. No idea if they filmed any more than that scene - but it was cool seeing our neighborhood on TV!

The bar was Cutters at the Marriott on W. Trade.

The episode was fantastic too.

Archived