• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why punting was right call

FurdTurgason

In a normal situation, punting may have well been the right call, but there's other variables you have to take into account.

1. We have Cam Newton

2. This team has been struggling to find an identity, and we're in a desperate need of a moral boost. Rivera failed miserably in sending a message to his team and the rest of the league.

3. KNOW YOUR PERSONNEL!

What irritates me about all the talk about the punt is the fact that people don't talk about the other coaching mistakes like not calling time outs to give us a chance to score before the half, or dilly-dallying after a crucial third-down conversion and letting Atlanta challenge, or the damn Wildcat formation out of the blue when the option stuff was working really well, etc. etc.

I've been trying to like Rivera as I think he's a quality guy, but he's just not a very good coach. This is a team with talent that could be good, but we consistently mess up the little things, the fundamentals, that have cost us (and are continuing to cost us) game after game.

Archived