• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brayton or Johnson?

The Answer

People are pretty high on Jonhson, not that they shouldn't be, he has done a great job, but I think Brayton has done an solid job starting. Yes, he does over run some plays and he isn't always in the play, but neither is Pep. Brayton has done a great job in run defense, and just shows glimpses of amazing strength when he pushed tackles onto their asses. So I'm asking who do you think should be starting Johnson or Brayton, Not saying Johnson shouldn't start but just don't undermine what Brayton has done for us this season.

I like Brayton he's only just switched back to DE after having two years out of the position and he's played pretty well. I say he keeps the starting job but keep rotating Johnson in on passing downs like we've been doing.

I don't think the team would perform any better with Brayton as the rotational guy over Johnson, so why change now?

It's funny that Fiz says that considering the only good thing Johnson has shown, in terms of displaying starter material, is a play here and there.

yeah I never said anything about Johnson there thanks for trying

Fiz, I'm not basing anything off of the 2 plays he had on Garcia, I have been watching him since he came in

then you have diminished expectations of what a starting DE should be doing.

Leave it alone for now, with Brayton as the starter and Johnson getting considerable minutes. Next year though I think that Johnson will be the starter. He is going to be a very good DE for us in years to come. I like what Brayton has done for us this year and he has definetly revived his career but I think that Johnson has much more potential. This is really just his first year in the league, he only played in what, the last 3 games last year. He will be a force beside Pep next year.

Brayton makes one play and all of a sudden his mediocrity is forgotten

"One play", c'mon he's made a few good plays almost every game. He has given some big plays on occasion but he's solid. Not to mention he did set the tempo for the defense the last game. Remember the 1st play?

Archived