• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For everyone that thinks our offense would be top-tier if Chud stopped going full-retard...

megadeth078

Martha Stewart isn't qualified....

But if you put competent guys in place....it comes down mainly to players. At least in terms of who wins or losses. Coaching sets apart the winning teams from championship teams IMO.

Shanahan's son suddenly is praised as a mad scientist and guru....he isn't. RGIII is special. You give great players to decent coaches and those coaches suceed. You give turds to decent coaches turds and those coaches get fired

Did you watch New Orleans this year?

The defense was allowing close to single digits all season. They won the games despite the awful offense, not because of it.

I remember at one point the media hounding Dungy on why the offense was so horrid. Being the loyal guy he is, he said its the defense's fault for not scoring points on their own. Lol

Who played QB and WR and TE and on and on?

There is a reason that offense stunk. It wasn't coaching....they didn't have talent to be successful in the NFL on offense

Ok so where did this whole chud had an ego thing come from? Has this been reasonably substantiated by a source or is this a coping mechanism from panther fans to try to downplay the fact that we lost a good offensive coordinator?

Reporters with access to staff and players have said so....and implied it wasn't exactly breaking news

Chud isn't a good OC. Chud is a middle of the road OC.

Ok so where did this whole chud had an ego thing come from? Has this been reasonably substantiated by a source or is this a coping mechanism from panther fans to try to downplay the fact that we lost a good offensive coordinator?

this forum gave his his ego season before last.. dont you remember.. he was GOD then..

I willing to bet that cam Gets almost full control of offensive play selection next season. Let me explain..I think shula will probably spend time in meetings finding defenses weaknesses, spend time in his office picking plays that will work best and personnel packages, spend time in practice coaching up those descisions and then spend time in the boot. but i think the booth time will be more of a "run this package because they are weak on the left" and let Cam decide exactly what play should be run that way with the players shula put on the field.

but thats just a theory, but that theory is based off of 2 things.. 1) Cam and shula have a good relationship and Im sure Cam has no problem telling Shula he wants more descision making ability. I dont think anyone here (knowing Cam) Would say that cam doesnt want more of the burden. Its just how he is. and 2) Almost every time this season, towards the end of the season, when Cam audibled they went for good yardage. sometimes big yardage. those two things make me beleive this offense is going to be run a little different next year, even if it is the same (albeit lightened) playbook.

The irony is: Khalil or Gross talked, when Cam first came in the league (his first game even), he changed the alignment against Khalil or Grosses hunch....He was correct, and the play went for big yards. They may have even said this happened more than once. Needless to say, Cam had some big first games and Rookie season.

Obviously, somewhere along the line, Chud did not like it. And he put a Kabosh on the whole matter.

Listening to Olson and Steve Smith recently, regarding Chud and the offense: I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cam, the offensive players, Rivera and Shula feel they can do a better job.

I guess, we'll all find out soon enough (albeit many months), won't we? :D

Archived