• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooo..you are telling me nobody wanted Jim Caldwell?

Awesomeness!!

The NFL needs more white running backs and Asian safeties. Maybe instead of hiring players and staff based on merit they should just fill certain positions with the best of a certain race.

In European soccer leagues they often allocate a team to have a certain number of European players, then a certain number of players from anywhere else in the world. They also have a mandatory number of Germans or Spanish, whatever the home country may be (race not considered, just nationality).

What if the NFL created a policy where a certain number of coaches, players, etc had to be white, black, asian, etc.

This is basically what blacks are asking for, only they only want it applied for their race and want to tell everyone else to screw off. That way if a lot of players are black, it's great for them and in other areas where there are a shortage of blacks, they'll never have to compete or worry because there will be mandates.

The NFL needs more white running backs and Asian safeties. Maybe instead of hiring players and staff based on merit they should just fill certain positions with the best of a certain race.

In European soccer leagues they often allocate a team to have a certain number of European players, then a certain number of players from anywhere else in the world. They also have a mandatory number of Germans or Spanish, whatever the home country may be (race not considered, just nationality).

What if the NFL created a policy where a certain number of coaches, players, etc had to be white, black, asian, etc.

This is basically what blacks are asking for, only they only want it applied for their race and want to tell everyone else to screw off. That way if a lot of players are black, it's great for them and in other areas where there are a shortage of blacks, they'll never have to compete or worry because there will be mandates.

Nobody is saying hire crackheads off the street. But yes, blacks are tired of being qualified to do something, and getting turned down. Im sorry if that pisses you off, but...well actually Im not..

Nobody is saying hire crackheads off the street. But yes, blacks are tired of being qualified to do something, and getting turned down. Im sorry if that pisses you off, but...well actually Im not..

Being qualified and being the best available candidate is not the same thing. This is one of the big points of friction between white and black workers. Blacks are quite happy to receive a job based on skin color that they qualify for but may not be the leading candidate for. Simply meeting the minimum requirements does not entitle anyone to a job.

When the NFL gets a black owner, and everybody he hires is black, the football world will explode. Everyone will cry."reverse racism" and call for boycotts, and you know what,.rightfully so. The best man should get the job. But where is Hue Jackson? Look at his resume. What kills me is that anytime someone asks "why" they are playing the race card. Playing the race card is insisiting you were pulled over for speeding because you were black, in Atlanta. Questioning the hiring practices of NFL teams isnt.

Being qualified and being the best available candidate is not the same thing. This is one of the big points of friction between white and black workers. Blacks are quite happy to receive a job based on skin color that they qualify for but may not be the leading candidate for. Simply meeting the minimum requirements does not entitle anyone to a job.

So..you know every black person?

So..you know every black person?

If that's the best you can do it will be difficult to hold a discussion. This is a topic about social issues facing millions of Americans and your defense is "well that's not true in every situation". Affirmative action is real. It's promoted by the Democratic party which we all know is overwhelmingly supported by the African American community. But this all belongs in the tinder box.

Tell me, why are you taking up for Jim Caldwell? What's your stake in this? Do you know they guy? Do you like the guy? Or is he just a black man that had a really good season coaching under Peyton Manning and you think it's a perfect example of racism?

Tell me, why are you taking up for Jim Caldwell? What's your stake in this? Do you know they guy? Do you like the guy? Or is he just a black man that had a really good season coaching under Peyton Manning and you think it's a perfect example of racism?

When we fired Fox (or didnt extend him) I said it was wrong. John Fox aint black. Im glad he got a shot somewhere else. But when I see garbage like Andy Reid getting another job after being loaded with talent and blowing it, and Caldwell cant get an interview, something smells.

When we fired Fox (or didnt extend him) I said it was wrong. John Fox aint black. Im glad he got a shot somewhere else. But when I see garbage like Andy Reid getting another job after being loaded with talent and blowing it, and Caldwell cant get an interview, something smells.

This thread just needs to end.....

Honestly dude... I'm questioning your football knowledge... Andy Reid is a good coach he isn't a "garbage" coach his players gave up on him. The only African American coach that deserved to be hired as a Head Coach this year was Lovie Smith and Ray Horton. To be honest Lovie probably needed a year off. I was all aboard the hire Hue Jackson bandwagon and am still pissed about us hirering Shula... But I don't think River/Gettleman sat down and said "Well Hue Jackson is black so we can't hire him" just my opinion. Really to be honest I don't know why I'm even replying to you none of this is getting through.

If you think Caldwell deserves a HC gig more than Andy Reid then I really don't know what to tell you. I couldn't give a fug if Andy Reid were black, white, purple, orange, etc. He is superior to Jim Caldwell in every way imaginable. Don't make this about race, it'll make you sound desperate.

If you think Caldwell deserves a HC gig more than Andy Reid then I really don't know what to tell you. I couldn't give a fug if Andy Reid were black, white, purple, orange, etc. He is superior to Jim Caldwell in every way imaginable. Don't make this about race, it'll make you sound desperate.

Honestly it's no need in replying to the douchenozzle he isn't open to listen to rational thoughts only wants to believe in a conspiracy theory... The guy is calling the league racist when he is being racist himself

Archived