• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today's watercooler discussion

Hawk

there was a report the other day of an Asian airline that has implemented a child free section on their flights. For $11 extra, you can sit in an 8 row section where there are no children under 12 allowed.

so that opened the discussion around planes and then restaurants etc.

What do you think of kid free zones and why?

Some rests already do that. I think that those who have kids want this more than those that don't.

Hey honey isn't it great to finally have some time alone. Just you and me and the entire 8 yr old little league who have glueten allergies and are seeing who can scream the loudest?

So. Yes.

Great idea... but if it's only 8 rows on an airplane, that really just means you won't sit right beside them... you'll still hear them.

In other places I have no problem with "kid free" zones or times.

When my kids were really little and prone to crying/making a nuisance, we either went to kid friendly places or just didn't go out.

I see kids at late movies, nice restaurants and other places where etiquette would dictate that they not be... people are just rude in general.

that's I guess why I think it's a silly idea though....there's lots and lots of other people that annoy the hell out of me more than kids!!!

I would pay to sit in the part of the plane that doesn't allow stinky, yappy, got to have the light on all night long on the red eye, squirmy, space hogging fat bastards people too!!!

then there's them asshats that don't realize that their cellphone is way different than a can on a string and you don't have to yell into it constantly too! the list goes on

that's I guess why I think it's a silly idea though....there's lots and lots of other people that annoy the hell out of me more than kids!!!

I totally get what you're saying....BUT...you can't tell the kid "Godamnit kid! sit the fug down and shut the hell up!"....

You can however, say it to an adult :)

I have the right to sit my kid whereever I want.

YOU can just deal with it.

Kids are kids man.

Just suck it up and let read your hippy books or some poo.

People telling where kids can and can't be GTFO

who all will I get with this....

To me it's not a matter of kids being anywhere... it's like MPF said, it's the behavior...

If your kid is running around, screaming like a banshee and annoying the living poo out of everyone around... then you're an asshole if you don't do something about it.

Kids being kids is one thing... kids screaming and crying and generally being brats is something else entirely.

again...I go back to the spanking!!!!

I know when I was a kid and I acted up, it was kersmacko time. Just the thought of that worked for me and watching my two older brothers get regular beat downs worked for me!

now, that's boys...maybe girls are different. My daughters are both very well behaved and always have been without the need for a spanking

ya...there's a serious lack of discipline in society these days. and please, don't get me wrong...I don't advocate child abuse or anything even remotely close to that at all. I just think that a little swat on the ass from time to time can be a useful thing!

Archived