• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 13: Carolina Hurricanes (7-4-1) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (8-5-0) (Michal Jordan called up)

CarolinaPanthers8789

I think we have $12.48 million of cap space. I'm not sure if this figure is accurate, but I remember reading it somewhere.

I'm not familiar with hockey salery structures and how hard the cap is set, ext.. but would that be enough to do anything?

Who would you all suggest as a late season addition? Defense, perhaps?

I'm not familiar with hockey salery structures and how hard the cap is set, ext.. but would that be enough to do anything?

Who would you all suggest as a late season addition? Defense, perhaps?

It's enough to make some moves for sure.

A lot of people are pretty high on Yandle out in Phoenix. The Coyotes are going to be in pretty big cap trouble, and Yandle's $5.25 mill cap hit makes him their likely first departure.

I'm not sure why, but a lot of people are ready to deal Semin as well. I really think we should hold off on him and let him come into his own. He could be a huge asset down the stretch.

good game, nice to keep the momentum going... long break until we play again on Monday. Defense looked good all night with the new guys in didnt miss a beat. Ellis looked strong again and im glad they gave him another start before it goes too long so he can stay in game shape

Yeah but the team has an internal salary cap that Karmanos imposes. It's why we usually play at around the cap floor but JR got him to open the wallet this year. Yandle is a pipe dream. He's going to command at least Murphy +++. Semin gets dealt if we aren't competitive at the deadline. I honestly think if we get another player for the bottom 6 and a number 4/5 defensemen we'd be set.

Archived