• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rotoworld's Free Agent forecast

BigBeezy

Yes, I agree that we'll be very young, but rookie cbs have proved that they can have success early on. We'll lack leadership and veteran experiences at cbs if thats the case. Though, if we can add Kenny Phillips to the secondary we now have two very good veterans in Phillips and Godfrey who can help these young guys out. We dont need leadership at cb. We just need leadership and experiences in the secondary as a whole. Phillips and Godfrey can give us that. Having a young secondary isnt like the torture of having two young DTs starting for you. The scenario is a bit different.

This may be the best way to go, than adding a vet corner and drafting a rookie FS. Dockery and Thomas played well late in the season when they had the chance. Might now be the long term answer but they do bring in some consistency. Hopefully Norman can get out of Rivera's dog pound. And adding a very good cover guy in Trufant would make us a better secondary than last season.

Some vet cbs we could bring in for leadership and experiences: Marcus Trufant, Drayton Florence, Quentin Jammer.

This is not true so stop saying it.

Carolina also needs help in the secondary after allowing opponents to complete 47.2 percent of passes of more than 20 yards downfield last season. That number was the worst in the league.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/45883/free-agency-needs-by-the-numbers

You can't give up almost 50% completion rate and be doing a good job. I'm sorry.

Yes some rookie CB come in a do a ok job. But that's when paired with a VET not 3 other 2nd year players.

Name me a good secondary that was made up of 1st and 2nd year players?

There are only two true needs going into next year. RG and UT. RG can be upgraded through FA for a reasonble price. It is that pesky UT position that you have to make the tougher decisions. Go young and hope, try to reenergize an aging vet, hope your own kids have grown into the position, or spend money on a proven vet. Are all ways you can address the UT position.

Our Oline barely has enough starting caliber talent let alone any depth. RG upgrade through FA goes a long way to solving both problems. RG and depth is needed. The Oline as a whole is a crucial point of the offseason.

TE is another position you can upgrade with a FA, Although at this position, this year, you get what you pay for. Lots of mid level TE, as well a quite a few top level ones. Not truely a need, but upgrading this position makes us better.

WR is a touchy situation. Do we have enough to compete? Do we want to invest in the future with a draft pick? Or do we go the FA route and spend money we don't really have. Not truely a need. But an upgrade could be a valueable addition.

Dline is in good shape. But if we want to improve, the UT position needs to be addressed. Another one of those, you get what you pay for, positions. Not sure how Gettlemen will play this one, but it is a need that needs to be filled.

The secondary played solid at the end of the year. So it is going to be interesting to see what we do here. We have no depth, or true #1CB, so something must be done. Excited to see how this one plays out. Not a true need, but upgrading the core should be near the top of the list.

Not true.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/45883/free-agency-needs-by-the-numbers

Carolina also needs help in the secondary after allowing opponents to complete 47.2 percent of passes of more than 20 yards downfield last season. That number was the worst in the league.

This is not true so stop saying it.

You can't give up almost 50% completion rate and be doing a good job. I'm sorry.

Yes some rookie CB come in a do a ok job. But that's when paired with a VET not 3 other 2nd year players.

Name me a good secondary that was made up of 1st and 2nd year players?

I don't care what the stats say. When they played, we had consistently and overall a better defense. Thomas and Dockery pretty much shut down White and Jones. Not saying they're future stars but they did what they had to do.

I can't name you a secondary filled with 1st and 2nd year players only bc there's not! But there are very good young secondary like Seattle.

We're not built to win this upcoming season. Get that right. We're still many pieces away from being a contender so there's no need to spend high money on a vet cb. Build through these young players for the future.

This sounds good, but honestly ill be happy if we sign even one of them at this point!

I'm still so very sick about Boldin going to SF for a 6th..... I wanted him the last time he was a FA.

Can't believe we missed out on that move, playmaker when it counts and a beast all around! I bet the we didn't even inquire...

I don't care what the stats say. When they played, we had consistently and overall a better defense. Thomas and Dockery pretty much shut down White and Jones. Not saying they're future stars but they did what they had to do.

I can't name you a secondary filled with 1st and 2nd year players only bc there's not! But there are very good young secondary like Seattle.

We're not built to win this upcoming season. Get that right. We're still many pieces away from being a contender so there's no need to spend high money on a vet cb. Build through these young players for the future.

Chuck sometimes you say some of the stupidest poo.

If you don't use stat what the fug do you go by to judge a player??

1. Julio had 5 catches for 66 yards and a TD for a avg of 13.6 YPC. White had 9 catches for 117 yards and a TD 13.0 YPC. So who exactly did they shut down? Do you even look this poo up before you post? The fact that "you don't care about stats" made you look stupid just now. "They shut down Julio and Roddy" really????

2. Because it's not smart to depend on 1st and 2nd year CB alone in the secondary. That's why you can't name 1 because teams don't do stupid poo like this and expect to win. Which is the point of the question.

3. Then why even play next season? Chuck says we're not built to win next season so let's not even try. Dude you do realize we were 4 or 5 plays from having a 10 to 11 win season. We are not in rebuilding mode. If the Vikings, the Redskins, and the Colts can make the playoffs we can make it next year.

Chuck sometimes you say some of the stupidest poo.

If you don't use stat what the fug do you go by to judge a player??

1. Julio had 5 catches for 66 yards and a TD for a avg of 13.6 YPC. White had 9 catches for 117 yards and a TD 13.0 YPC. So who exactly did they shut down? Do you even look this poo up before you post?

2. Because it's not smart to depend on 1st and 2nd year CB alone in the secondary. That's why you can't name 1 because teams don't do stupid poo like this and expect to win. Which is the point of the question.

3. Then why even play next season? Chuck says we're not built to win next season so let's not even try. Dude you do realize we were 4 or 5 plays from having a 10 to 11 win season. We are not in rebuilding mode. If the Vikings, the Redskins, and the Colts can make the playoffs we can make it next year.

Talking to you is like talking to a wall man.

Archived