• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Lottery Thread - 8:30 EST on ESPN

Jakob

Ummm....I watched every single game last season but 3. I also watched and followed college basketball religiously (fwiw, I was on the Oladipo bandwagon WAY "before it was cool"). I like McBob a lot. But he is nothing more than a role player either. He would be great if we didn't need our big men to score. The only thing that McBob offers over Olynyk is his passing. And Olynyk is no slouch in that area either. I guess we'll just have to disagree on the Olynyk analysis. I just find it hard to believe that your friend dominated one of the top 3 best players in college basketball last season who has also held his own against guys like Marc Gasol and Luis Scola at a VERY young age.

As far as Sessions and Hendo go, I don't think either are in the long term plans here. There are rumors swirling that the Cats/Hornets won't even offer Hendo. And Sessions was signed to a 2 year contract for a reason. Trading him during this offseason to a team in need of a PG is exactly what you want to do. Cho's philosophy is to collect assets, allow their value to appreciate, and cash in. That's exactly what we can do with Sessions.

Tomasz Gielo, Polish national team, look him up.

And McBob scored in double digits 11 times from when we acquired him from Orlando, that's not to shabby.

And lol at Olynyk being a top three player in the NCAA, he was absolutely dominated in the NCAA tournament.

Also, you even said it, the Hornets may not offer Hendo... So how the hell can they trade him.

And if Sessions gets traded it's at the trade deadline not now... if we trade Sessions now that would leave us with only one point guard on the active roster and your're not going to find a better back up point guard than Sessions on the free agent market.

Tomasz Gielo, Polish national team, look him up.

And McBob scored in double digits 11 times from when we acquired him from Orlando, that's not to shabby.

And lol at Olynyk being a top three player in the NCAA, he was absolutely dominated in the NCAA tournament.

Also, you even said it, the Hornets may not offer Hendo... So how the hell can they trade him.

And if Sessions gets traded it's at the trade deadline not now... if we trade Sessions now that would leave us with only one point guard on the active roster and your're not going to find a better back up point guard than Sessions on the free agent market.

Calm down dude. I have a different opinion than you. No need for patronizing people with different opinions.

According to FIBA's website, Gielo and Olynyk have never even played each other in an official game. If he really did dominate a guy who is likely going to be picked in the lottery of this year's draft then this guy should enter the draft as soon as he can and I wouldn't mind the Cats/Hornets to give him a look. But I digress.

As for Olynyk being a top 3 player in the NCAA, he had the highest PER in the country, was top 10 in several advanced statistics categories, and was a First-Team All- American.

I don't understand your comments on being "absolutely dominated" in the NCAA tournament either. He posted 21 points and 10 rebounds and 26 points and 9 rebounds in his two games. If that is your understanding of being "absolutely dominated" then that makes me a little bit less worried about your friend "dominating" Olynyk too.

Calm down dude. I have a different opinion than you. No need for patronizing people with different opinions.

According to FIBA's website, Gielo and Olynyk have never even played each other in an official game. If he really did dominate a guy who is likely going to be picked in the lottery of this year's draft then this guy should enter the draft as soon as he can and I wouldn't mind the Cats/Hornets to give him a look. But I digress.

As for Olynyk being a top 3 player in the NCAA, he had the highest PER in the country, was top 10 in several advanced statistics categories, and was a First-Team All- American.

I don't understand your comments on being "absolutely dominated" in the NCAA tournament either. He posted 21 points and 10 rebounds and 26 points and 9 rebounds in his two games. If that is your understanding of being "absolutely dominated" then that makes me a little bit less worried about your friend "dominating" Olynyk too.

Should have stated that his team was dominated, the scores didn't indicate it but each game the Zags played... well they didn't look to good and Olynyk was the beneficiary of that as he had no one to match up with him until he got to Wichita State.

Also you obviously know the international game is different from the American game. You can be a very good player on the international stage but be a piss poor NBA player (Sean May)

I guess we'lljust have to agree to disagree, I don't see his game transferring well...

He is a finesse player, plays below the rim, not very quick, isn't really that athletic, struggles against dominsnt post players, and isn't the most polished defensive player (i.e. shot blocker).

I believe most have him compared to Spencer Hawes.

I'd rather land that number one pick and take Noel.

Should have stated that his team was dominated, the scores didn't indicate it but each game the Zags played... well they didn't look to good and Olynyk was the beneficiary of that as he had no one to match up with him until he got to Wichita State.

Also you obviously know the international game is different from the American game. You can be a very good player on the international stage but be a piss poor NBA player (Sean May)

I guess we'lljust have to agree to disagree, I don't see his game transferring well...

He is a finesse player, plays below the rim, not very quick, isn't really that athletic, struggles against dominsnt post players, and isn't the most polished defensive player (i.e. shot blocker).

I believe most have him compared to Spencer Hawes.

I'd rather land that number one pick and take Noel.

I agree on Noel. He has been my number 1 for a long time. But considering we had the best chance last year and still didn't get it, I'm not banking on getting it this year and supposedly almost every team has Noel number 1.

We will have to agree to disagree on Olynyk, like you said. However, my personal opinion is that Olynyk is more of a poor man's Marc Gasol rather than a Spencer Hawes. To me Hawes is more similar to McBob with Mullens' scoring mentality (willing to shoot from anywhere, whether it's a good shot or not). Olynyk is extremely efficient and has solid post moves. But again, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Who would you want us to take if we got...say, pick 2... and Noel is gone?

I agree on Noel. He has been my number 1 for a long time. But considering we had the best chance last year and still didn't get it, I'm not banking on getting it this year and supposedly almost every team has Noel number 1.

We will have to agree to disagree on Olynyk, like you said. However, my personal opinion is that Olynyk is more of a poor man's Marc Gasol rather than a Spencer Hawes. To me Hawes is more similar to McBob with Mullens' scoring mentality (willing to shoot from anywhere, whether it's a good shot or not). Olynyk is extremely efficient and has solid post moves. But again, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Who would you want us to take if we got...say, pick 2... and Noel is gone?

Oh man, I have no idea... I like McLemore but he was damn near invisible during the tournament...

I really want a big... Noel, Len, hell even Olynyk would be fine at the right pick... I'm not a fan of Adams though...

If we go small, I like Oladipo because of his defensive prowess, and Porter isn't a bad option either but I don't know where he would play.

I'm just looking forward to tonight.

What about you?

Oh man, I have no idea... I like McLemore but he was damn near invisible during the tournament...

I really want a big... Noel, Len, hell even Olynyk would be fine at the right pick... I'm not a fan of Adams though...

If we go small, I like Oladipo because of his defensive prowess, and Porter isn't a bad option either but I don't know where he would play.

I'm just looking forward to tonight.

What about you?

I'm ready for tonight between the press conference and the lottery. I just hope I can find a stream of the press conference online.

I would be happy with Oladipo, McLemore, or Porter in that order. I don't like any of the bigs (outside of Noel of course) that high up. Then trading back in to the late lottery and picking up Olynyk, Len, Zeller (I don't think he'll be available here because of his combine performance, but crazier things have happened) in that order.

This would position us perfectly to have 2 or 3 picks next year and add a guy like Julius Randle or Jabari Parker or even Aaron Gordon and someone else like Marcus Smart.

I could envision a realistic roster of :

Kemba/Smart (or other combo guard)

Oladipo (or McLemore)/Smart/Taylor

MKG/Taylor

Randle/Biz/MKG

Olynyk (or Len)/Biz

...with FA's thrown in as well. Olynyk at C would also require him to beef up. I think that is a playoff team by 2015-16 and a contender the year after.

Kings

Magic

Hornets

this way we can get Victor Oladipo #3 and it's not too much of a reach 

I dont want another defensive player that has the potential to improve their offensive game. Oladipo has better his offensive game, but the problem with this team is our lack of ability to score. Victor may be an upgrade over Hendo, but it's nothing more. He's pretty much the same player as Hendo. That would be a somewhat mediocre back-court with Kemba, Oladipo, and MKG. It's McLemore, Noel, or Bennett for me.

I'm ready for tonight between the press conference and the lottery. I just hope I can find a stream of the press conference online.

I would be happy with Oladipo, McLemore, or Porter in that order. I don't like any of the bigs (outside of Noel of course) that high up. Then trading back in to the late lottery and picking up Olynyk, Len, Zeller (I don't think he'll be available here because of his combine performance, but crazier things have happened) in that order.

This would position us perfectly to have 2 or 3 picks next year and add a guy like Julius Randle or Jabari Parker or even Aaron Gordon and someone else like Marcus Smart.

I could envision a realistic roster of :

Kemba/Smart (or other combo guard)

Oladipo (or McLemore)/Smart/Taylor

MKG/Taylor

Randle/Biz/MKG

Olynyk (or Len)/Biz

...with FA's thrown in as well. Olynyk at C would also require him to beef up. I think that is a playoff team by 2015-16 and a contender the year after.

I dont really want Oladipo. IMO, he's the same type of player as Hendo. A defensive Guard with potential to improve his offensive game. I rather just keep Hendo.

But, looking to the future this is what I could envision:

PG: Kemba

SG: McLemore

SF: Kidd-Gilchrist/Taylor

PF: Randle

C  : Biz/FA

I would love to have Wiggins or Parker, but I think our best chance is Randle. We're not going to be in position for one of those two guys. I would love the addition of Julius Randle. When I look at Randle I see some Zach Randolph and even Anthony Bennett. Some of us on here have shown the love for Bennett. Randle is two inches taller than Bennett that puts him as a true PF, unlike Bennett who's many are still wondering if he's better suited at SF or PF.

I dont really want Oladipo. IMO, he's the same type of player as Hendo. A defensive Guard with potential to improve his offensive game. I rather just keep Hendo.

But, looking to the future this is what I could envision:

PG: Kemba

SG: McLemore

SF: Kidd-Gilchrist/Taylor

PF: Randle

C  : Biz/FA

I would love to have Wiggins or Parker, but I think our best chance is Randle. We're not going to be in position for one of those two guys. I would love the addition of Julius Randle. When I look at Randle I see some Zach Randolph and even Anthony Bennett. Some of us on here have shown the love for Bennett. Randle is two inches taller than Bennett.

My argument against that is that Oladipo is EXTREMELY efficient for a guard and his per 36 scoring is only .5 points lower than McLemore. He is better at creating his own shot than McLemore as well. Not to mention, while McLemore disappeared late in games and for long stretches, Oladipo's motor was always running and made clutch plays in many different games through steals, blocks, knocking down 3's and in almost any way possible. 

With all that said, I wouldn't mind McLemore. I just think Oladipo is a better player now and will be a better player in the future.

Oladipo might be the best player in this draft right now, much less three years down the road. 

There's some talk with Noel's injury scaring teams from taking him #1 overall, he might slip some. "The acl injury was the second injury he's had on his left knee, he broke the knee plate in high school" 

Mclemore doesn't look to have that it or clutch factor on him. 

My argument against that is that Oladipo is EXTREMELY efficient for a guard and his per 36 scoring is only .5 points lower than McLemore. He is better at creating his own shot than McLemore as well. Not to mention, while McLemore disappeared late in games and for long stretches, Oladipo's motor was always running and made clutch plays in many different games through steals, blocks, knocking down 3's and in almost any way possible.

With all that said, I wouldn't mind McLemore. I just think Oladipo is a better player now and will be a better player in the future.

I just believe that McLemore's ceiling is much higher than Oladipo. Both players have shown that they can play. I just think that McLemore has the ability to be a franchise player. Oladipo is going to be good but I think he's going to be just another player. A 15-16 ppg Guard while McLemore is going to be a 18-20 ppg player. That's just my opinion.

Archived