• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1: Gerald Henderson, SG, Duke

King Taharqa

People that are complaining about this because he's a duke player are just as bad as those that complained about the Bobcats drafting Heels.

Hopefully everyone shuts up about this irrelevant issue now.

Its not like he just punched Julius Hodge in the junk. It was a dirty foul in a big game. I'm not a fan of either team more than the other. Defending him is stupid. Piling on him is stupid.

I agree with this in principal, but the Bobcats said they drafted the heels to bring in fans. I think that's why most fans bitch about UNC players. UNC fans bitching about a Dukie is dumb because two UNC guys drafted him.

I agree with this in principal, but the Bobcats said they drafted the heels to bring in fans. I think that's why most fans bitch about UNC players. UNC fans bitching about a Dukie is dumb because two UNC guys drafted him.

This.

That was the best part of the conference to me, them poking fun at duke and building up Henderson at the same time was funny to me.

Henderson was going for a hard block (Why was Hansbrough in the game anyways?) and Hansbrough flaked out, and as a result, Henderson unintentionally karate-chopped his face. The fans thought it was intentional, (understandably, it happened so fast they didn't really get to see what really happened) and yes, would have stormed the court and disemboweled Henderson if he was not ejected. Most of the people I know on campus don't think it was intentional now, having reflected back on it.

The only ones who still believe it was intentional are the people who never went to the school and have to prove that their loyalty is equal to the loyalty of people like myself who went to UNC by latching on to trivial events like Henderson's elbowing of Hansbrough like it was fuging Pearl Harbor.

your attendance makes you no more a fan than most...Hell, son, I was rooting for the Heels and idolizing Worthy (knew his mom well) before you were born. And you obviously (as a CH attendee) know nothing of the blood in this rivalry...Remember Montross and the stitches? You may not as you were a tot...Larry Brown and the FIGHT that started it all?

It was reckless that's why he was suspended. He was ejected because the crowd was about to kill him and Tyler was bleeding everywhere. Anytime there is that amount of blood a player needs to be ejected. There is no way that was intentional.

And this would be your view if it had been Laettner and the blow delivered by George Lynch? Think about this, really.

The only ones who still believe it was intentional are the people who never went to the school and have to prove that their loyalty is equal to the loyalty of people like myself who went to UNC by latching on to trivial events like Henderson's elbowing of Hansbrough like it was fuging Pearl Harbor.

:hurray:

:hurray:

Do you tell NCS fans that didn't attend the school that they are not real fans? Do they check for student ID's before games there? I know several State fans that attended UNCC, as I did. They not allowed to root for the Pack?

I went to UNC for 1 year....can I still pull for them? I think it is funny that someone that went to UNC is on a high horse and doesn't want anyone else pulling for them. I know hundreds of Duke fans, but I don't know one person that went to Duke. Every school has fans that pull for the school that didn't go there. Maybe people are just mad that there aren't enough State fans or UNCG fans or where ever they went to school.

I got accpeted to UNC but decided to go to Johnson & Wales in Charleston insted. So I get to bitch.

Ive got to keep bringing up that Im glad we drafted Henderson. Grant Hill was one of my favorite players in NBA for a long time. My uncle rescued Christian Laettner when his jet ski ran out of gas in Emerald Isle about 15 years ago. He could have left him for dead, I would have. I doubt anybody would have notcied.

For those people crying about why was Hansbrough in the game that late with that kinda lead. Why was Henderson on the floor? I mean the game was over wasnt it? Why not have in the rest of the scrubs?

Im as big of a Carolina homer as they come but we are talking about the NBA, not Henderson getting a transfer to Carolina. IM STOAKED THEY DRAFTED HIM!

Archived