• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer '13-'14 season

Ja  Rhule

BBC just reported that Arsenal in Spain working on a getting a deal done for double swoop for Di Maria and Benzima. Fee for both expected to be around £65m. If Madrid does sale Benzima to Arsenal, they expected to move for Suarez.

Group stage pretty much guaranteed for Arsenal so they will get additional £40m.

I don't see Arsenal intriguing di Maria unless he's already been told he's going to get minimal minutes if any once Bale comes.  I mean I guess anything can happen, but he's rejected several offers over the summer....

I don't see Arsenal intriguing di Maria unless he's already been told he's going to get minimal minutes if any once Bale comes.  I mean I guess anything can happen, but he's rejected several offers over the summer....

Bale and Di Maria play the same position,  Madrid did not pay all these money for Bale so he can share minutes with Di Maria.  Bale usually go for whole 90 minutes and he gets hot near the end of the match.  My guess is Di Maria will either play another position or he will barely see the field. Also, Suarez can play as a striker or winger which makes Di Maria expendable.

Marca reports that RM preparing to bid for Suarez. Brandon Rodgers told reporters Suarez is not for sale and its too late in the window to look for Suarez replacement. Does this mean he lied to Suarez again? Suarez is gonna go apeshit... RM is his dream destination.

RM can possibly lose Ozil, Di Maria and Benzema in the next few days. Ozil got benched (unacceptable due to World Cup next year) and Man U is planning to bid for him. Real Madrid is switching formation to 4-4-2 with Bale and Ronaldo up front, that eliminated Di Maria position all together. Di Maria is reported as an odd man out. Apparently Madrid fans not happy with Benzema and want him out. He even got booed during friendly last night. Arsenal is after both, Di Maria is available after Bale sale goes through. Benzema will be available after Suarez bid will be accepted by Liverpool.

Levy pretty much has to sell Bale at this point.  He just wants to get as many deals done as possible before it's announced.  I'm expecting it to be "official" sometime early next week, with the presentation at Real Madrid late in the week....

Archived