• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettis left the game (hamstring).

G()AT

Was just listening to the post game presser with Rivera and when asked about Gettis he said they didn't know how bad the hammy was but they'll check it out...

And if it wasn't already obvious though just from a numbers standpoint, Rivera basically just confirmed Gettis is a lock, which I'm sure Bersin appreciates, lol.

He said they'd check out his injury and "hopefully, it's not too bad and he won't miss much time. Maybe a week or a few weeks, but hopefully not even a week."

Why would you care about a bubble guy's injury if it's over a week? He also said some very flattering things about Ginn and Hixon.

smith, lafell, ginn, hixon, edwards... who do you propose gets the sixth spot? or are you suggesting we just run with five?

I think we carry 6.....6th spot is up for grabs with Gettis looking for it. 6th WR spot isn't normally about having promising talent but more who can suit up and play special teams IMO.

so who, then, if not gettis? bersin?

That is my guess. Durability also factors in. We will see.

Maybe they roll with 5 and put the rest on the practice squad. Roll heavy OL until things clear up and them bring up another

Uhh no offense to Bersin, but I just can't see him making it over Gettis.

B/c he doesn't have as high of a ceiling therefore isn't as sexy....

6th WR spot isn't about playing WR....about helping in other ways. Maybe neither makes the roster.

Again, Rivera said they hoped to have Gettis back soon and hopefully it won't even keep him out a week. That doesn't sound like a guy that's getting cut.

They have has Gettis for years now....and he hasn't been in the active roster.

To be fair, if he isn't on the active roster I doubt they feel anyone is going to steal him.

They have has Gettis for years now....and he hasn't been in the active roster.

To be fair, if he isn't on the active roster I doubt they feel anyone is going to steal him.

So you're saying Rivera hopes he's back within a week so he's healthy after he's cut?

That is my guess. Durability also factors in. We will see.

Maybe they roll with 5 and put the rest on the practice squad. Roll heavy OL until things clear up and them bring up another

durability is great, but i'd rather have a talented guy who deals with injuries at times than an immortal fourth-stringer who otherwise doesn't look like an NFL-caliber receiver.

unless we cut them both and run with five receivers or bring in a new guy entirely (which is conceivable) i don't think there's any chance bersin makes this roster and gettis doesn't.

So you're saying Rivera hopes he's back within a week so he's healthy after he's cut?

I think Rivera considers Armond Smith and Poole Panthers and would refer to them in the same manner....

some guys he knows aren't going to be on the active squad unless something happens to bump them up from practice squad.

durability is great, but i'd rather have a talented guy who deals with injuries at times than an immortal fourth-stringer who otherwise doesn't look like an NFL-caliber receiver.

unless we cut them both and run with five receivers or bring in a new guy entirely (which is conceivable) i don't think there's any chance bersin makes this roster and gettis doesn't.

But your 6th string WR isn't going to play WR.....he needs to be a special teams player.

What is Gettis going to do on Sunday? He won't play WR or return. That last spot needs to go to whoever can play coverage on ST the best. Don't know who that is.....doesn't sound like either

Thanks people. Gettis will probably land on PUP or designate to return IR. Everyone is one his you know what because of some flashes on 3rd string player. He is not Thomas Davis. People need to realize he wont make the active roster unless an injury happen to people in front of him. Smith, Lafell, Ginn, Hixson, Edwards and someone else back up WR that is probably a gunner on special teams

Archived