• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we using an antique blueprint?

Khaki Lackey

Rambling thoughts on our beloved Panthers' direction.

Cam- Are we trying to fit a square peg in a round hole by making Cam fit into a "tradiontional" NFL offense? What offense should Cam be running? Everyone is in love with Chip Kelly and Russell Wison, Keap, RG3, etc. are these "innovative"/college offenses sustainable? It could be argued that the RG3 experiment is on the brink of failure. The more traditional Ravens O got the best of Kaep and Co. In the Super Bowl, and the Seahaws D got the best of Kaep last night after he had been ordained best QB if all time by ESPN.

I know Tom Bradys and Peyton Mannings grow on trees. Cam is awesome, but he can't do what they do. He seems to he a single read QB. Before I get crucified by the "Cam can do no wrong" crowd, I'll just add, Cam can do plenty of things that those guys can't. Should we be emphasizing those things?

And Gettleman- Gman came in and made some tough decisions, cutting Gamble, restructuring D-Will, Beason etc. He seems to be on the right track as far as getting us out if cap hell. But is he building a team that can win in today's NFL. I'm starting to doubt the "the front 7 masks a sh!t secondary" philosophy. I think Seattle is proving that in today's passing league, a dominat secondary shuts teams down.

I used to think that if you had big enough, strong enough guys in the trenches, you could impose your will on the other teams. I'm starting to doubt that.

TL/DR version- Are we building this team too old school, especially since we have arguably the premier new-school QB?

Archived