• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Take even knows Rivera isn't the Answer.

ElkinPanthersFan

The players.

They have been in position to win most of the close games ..........and choked.

They all need to step up their game.

The players definitely pissed it away in Seattle.

Buffalo? Rivera botched it like he has his entire tenure here. Zero excuse for him to be repeating that mistake.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9680034/bill-barnwell-week-2-nfl-season

I think this article on Grantland pretty much sums up what we are all thinking.

The worst part that has been lost in the shuffle is that Rivera ran it on 3rd and 5 for apparently no other reason than to force Buffalo to use their last timeout. If he was trying to give us a more managable 4th down conversion that'd be one thing, but he did it to do something that is virtually worthless in today's NFL. Buffalo had almost 2 minutes on the clock, we had a terrible secondary. Why would they need timeouts? It's the year 2013. There are offenses that could score 3 times in that timeframe if given the opportunity. Timeouts at that juncture have almost no worth with that that much time left and playing for a TD.

He may as well forfeited the down in exchange for half their Gatorade reserves.

Are you trolling me here, lol?

You actually agree with his decision making at the end of the game?

No I'm not trolling.

It is very simple.

when the players start make plays at the end of games...........they will become winners.

PS......I'm always in favor of a more aggressive style of coaching but, very few coaches are.

No I'm not trolling.

It is very simple.

when the players start make plays at the end of games...........they will become winners.

PS......I'm always in favor of a more aggressive style of coaching but, very few coaches are.

Can't make plays from the sideline.

Not putting the ball in the hands of your biggest playmakers on an easy 4th and 1 to seal the victory is baffling. To do so and only go up six points with an ailing secondary and nearly two minutes left for the opposing offense?

That's downright criminal.

Sorry, but I completely disagree with you.

Can't make plays from the sideline.

Not putting the ball in the hands of your biggest playmakers on an easy 4th and 1 to seal the victory is baffling. To do so and only go up six points with an ailing secondary and nearly two minutes left for the opposing offense?

That's downright criminal.

Sorry, but I completely disagree with you.

we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I understand where you're coming from. Had they gone for it on 4th and 1..... I would have been all for it.

But, that no decision didn't loss the game.

when players start making plays they'll start winning.

Archived