• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Battlefield 1943

Niner National

I enjoy playing it, but... I do have...

Some beefs:

-The explosions are way too underpowered.

I'm tired of having to machine gun every person around me down because the tank turret won't do poo to them unless I hit them directly. These are the same tanks that can blow a huge hole in buildings but can't kill people with splash damage. Not only that, but if you're about to shoot someone in a car, and they get out out the last second, they don't get damaged at all.

-The guns are underpowered.

I can't count the number of times I've had the smg, shot at someone running at me, had to reload, and then got knifed by them. Yes, I know I should have knifed them first, but still, they should be dead. The whole point of an SMG is close combat, and yet it fails that horribly. The lack of a reliable close range secondary weapon sucks too. Only the sniper kit has a pistol.

The sniper kit is unwelcoming too, the only way to kill someone with a sniper in one shot is to get a headshot. It doesn't matter if you're right next to them, or they're across the map, you cannot kill someone next to you with 1 shot unless it's to the head. That said, the sniper has a very long recoil time, so while you're shooting at someone, you hit them, but it's not to the head, you're letting them get away, they regenerate their health, and you're back at square 1. Therefore the only real way to kill someone with a sniper is if you wait for someone else to shoot them and do a little damage, and then clean up the mess.

-the planes are useless

Unless you wanna follow someone around for half an hour they're not very fun. Cuz bombing requires way too much time devotion for you to be good at. Not only that, but it's insanely easy to shoot down the planes with the AA turrets. The only use for a plane is to get from point A to point B faster than the other vehicles. I also think they did the controls all wrong for the planes, i'm probably just used to ace combat controls.. or the gta helicopter controls. which use the bumpers/L1R1 for yaw, right thumbstick for look around and left thumbstick for roll. I don't wanna have to press down a button then use a joystick to look around. which means my plane slows down and blows up. That's another thing, you lay off the throttle and that's your brake. You don't cruise for a bit, no, you just.. stop.

-Air superiority is fun, however they need to fix this issue I have with people flying their plane all the way to your base, getting out with a sniper rifle, hiding, and spawn killing everyone on your team. Not only that, but there are 2 carriers for your base and they're never at your carrier so you can't personally do something about them unless you have the sniper kit. In which case you can still do nothing about it because they're hiding behind the AA thing. That was Part A of the beef. the other thing is people do this spawn killing, and SQUAD spawn AT your uncappable base. It's one thing if they're flying their own plane to your base, where you can actually shoot them down before they get there, but it's another to allow them to squad spawn at a base that isn't capturable.

-There was one game where everyone on my team except for one other guy left, and it was basically 2 vs 12. I stayed in the game thinking it would balance the players the next round. Wrong. It remained 2 vs 12 for a couple more rounds. Even after the map changes. The game made no attempt to correct this on its own. Not even new people would join on my team. The only good thing that came from that is people on the other team started to leave because there were only 2 people to kill on a map. Which balanced it out to 2 vs 5 for a bit before I finally left. (For the record, 2 vs 5, you're probably gonna lose the round but you're gonna get a crap load of points. 2 people to capture 5 bases between them vs 5 people to capture 5 bases between them. the points spread means you'll naturally have the best squad and the top scores each round. It's such a cheap way to get easy points, which is another thing they need to fix)

The last beef i have is something they will HAVE to fix.

Today, while playing, you know how some people leave their mic on and it picks up EVERYTHING so you get that horrible static sound. Usually you just go and mute that person, right? Wrong, it doesn't have that function, nor does it have any mic related function. Now I'm not a big mic guy, but I NEED to be able to mute dumbasses who talk too much or leave their mic on while they tell their moms to pick up more bagel bites from the freaking grocery store.

All that said, I realize it IS an xbox live arcade game/ps3whatevertheycall it and it's not going to be perfect when it just came out. But these beefs are things not related to realism, but fairness of play. For the most part they've gotten it right with the points system where normal kills are worth way less than flag captures. This, in its own right, is not supposed to be a straight up full game. It's an arcade game for a reason and probably only there to help bridge the gap between the 2 bf bc games. For 15 dollars, I guess i got my money's worth.. This list could be way longer though... I guess my BF standard is still BF2. And for this money, I could have just paid a little more and gotten BF Bad Company instead. I mean i had to pay 25 dollars for stupid 2000 MS points anyway to get it. At least now I have Uno with the leftover points.

Archived