• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke TIP program. Worth the effort or wasted money

g5jamz

I was in TIP.

Basically, they send you to a high school in your area to take the SAT or whatever the kids are taking nowadays and see how you do. You do it the same day as the high school kids. Then they want you to buy a book listing your acheivements and recognition as even being a part of the TIP.

It was intimidating to me, as I had to go to Broughton to take mine (I went to Clayton schools) without anyone I knew and an obvious kid in a room full of high schoolers. I didn't even really try and wanted to get the hell out of there and spend my Saturday doing something more productive for my 7th grade self like playing video games. I didn't even care, and I don't really remember them doing much to try and get me prepared or whatever.

It was a waste of my time, and I felt like it was only something created to make kids coming out of the AG program (it ended in the 6th grade when I was in school) feel included in some sort of "smarter" organization.

You're from Clayton?

Archived