• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald Henderson Summer League Stats

At least Wayne had the balls to shoot unlike Henderson who was just turning the ball over, or even running up and down the court. Watch your mouth.

Or what?

Are you going to summon the internet police? I better watch it, I don't have a tenth of the posts you do....oh wait, I have a life and don't have a spare 18 hours a day to dedicate to a forum, but again, you have way more posts than I as well as more rep points. That must mean you are the ruler of this lowly land and we all must do what you say.

Shut up, you're wasting valuable bandwidth with your mindless UNC homer talk. Wanna talk about a bust, how has Sean May worked out for us? How did Eric Montross fair?

Yeah, Ellington is good, but the only reason he was near as effective as he was in college was because whoever Carolina was playing had to put 2 guys on Tyler at all times, thus leaving Ellington wide open. Sorry to say, but if you can't hit a wide open shot in college, you have no business being a pro...you wanna call a Duke player a bust? How about Reddick, he has accomplished nothing, or perhaps Sheldon Williams.

So what, Wayne took more shots than Henderson...WHOO HOO!! Allow me to pin a rose on his shoulder. All that means is his shot percentage and shot selection SUCK. Two things you definitely DON'T want in the pros.

Bottom line: It's a summer league game, I defy you to tell me you've stepped into any new job you've had in your life and immedately fired on all cylinders.

If Henderson ends up being a bust, I'll eat crow and admit it, but I hardly think you can make that judgement based on a couple summer league games. I think he will be a decent NBA player, and I'll put money on it that he has a better season than Ellington. Any takers?

Or what?

Are you going to summon the internet police? I better watch it, I don't have a tenth of the posts you do....oh wait, I have a life and don't have a spare 18 hours a day to dedicate to a forum, but again, you have way more posts than I as well as more rep points. That must mean you are the ruler of this lowly land and we all must do what you say.

Shut up, you're wasting valuable bandwidth with your mindless UNC homer talk. Wanna talk about a bust, how has Sean May worked out for us? How did Eric Montross fair?

Yeah, Ellington is good, but the only reason he was near as effective as he was in college was because whoever Carolina was playing had to put 2 guys on Tyler at all times, thus leaving Ellington wide open. Sorry to say, but if you can't hit a wide open shot in college, you have no business being a pro...you wanna call a Duke player a bust? How about Reddick, he has accomplished nothing, or perhaps Sheldon Williams.

So what, Wayne took more shots than Henderson...WHOO HOO!! Allow me to pin a rose on his shoulder. All that means is his shot percentage and shot selection SUCK. Two things you definitely DON'T want in the pros.

Bottom line: It's a summer league game, I defy you to tell me you've stepped into any new job you've had in your life and immedately fired on all cylinders.

If Henderson ends up being a bust, I'll eat crow and admit it, but I hardly think you can make that judgement based on a couple summer league games. I think he will be a decent NBA player, and I'll put money on it that he has a better season than Ellington. Any takers?

I have a life and this is what it is, if you major in Sports Management, with a minor in Coaching, and are still taking classes for Sports Broadcasting then you would understand, but I am guessing you don't. However I could be wrong, but that is besides the point. Sports are my life, and writing about them, researching about them, and experiencing them up close and personal is my life. In order to look at the positives in sports you must first look at the negatives. I will give you a perfect example. In last years NFL Playoff game against the Cardinals everyone focused on how poorly Jake Delhomme performed which is not a bad thing. However, some only focused on that and forgot about that impressive drive the Panthers had when the they were still in the run first mentality of the game. Everyone lashed out at Trgovac (which was fair enough at that point because his defensive schemes were far out of date), when the problem was the offense. After that drive we instantly became a pass first offense and that is not the way the Panthers are built. Then came the interceptions, fumbles, ex. Now I don't know how many of you have played football, but after you just came off the field forcing your oppenent to punt, you don't want to go back on the field right away. That is what happened five different times during that game and once we dug ourselves in a hole we couldn't find a way out.

Now all I am saying is this, if you are going to quote anybody make sure you quote them exactly. If you don't that could possibly get you fired in the media world depending on what the story is.

Also in response to your comment on poor shot selection. In today's NBA there is no such thing as a poor shot selection because the only thing American born basketball players are breeded to do is dunk and shoot the three ball. These to things look good and get the crowds attention, but the NBA is not basketball, it is a joke. I swear the NBA teams look more and more like the Harlem Globe Trotters every day. If you are interested in watching today's NBA then watch these players: Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard, and Shaquille O'neal. Now if you want to watch real basketball then look no further than these players: Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Parker, Ben Gordon, Tim Duncan, Pau Gasol, Mehmet Okur, Hedo Turkoglu, Steve Nash, Andrea Bargnani, Nene Hilario, Kelenna Azubuike, Leandro Barbosa, Boris Diaw, Luis Scola, Marc Gasol, Andres Nocioni, Beno Udrih, and Rudy Fernandez.

-Thanks

I have a life and this is what it is, if you major in Sports Management, with a minor in Coaching, and are still taking classes for Sports Broadcasting then you would understand, but I am guessing you don't. However I could be wrong, but that is besides the point. Sports are my life, and writing about them, researching about them, and experiencing them up close and personal is my life. In order to look at the positives in sports you must first look at the negatives. I will give you a perfect example. In last years NFL Playoff game against the Cardinals everyone focused on how poorly Jake Delhomme performed which is not a bad thing. However, some only focused on that and forgot about that impressive drive the Panthers had when the they were still in the run first mentality of the game. Everyone lashed out at Trgovac (which was fair enough at that point because his defensive schemes were far out of date), when the problem was the offense. After that drive we instantly became a pass first offense and that is not the way the Panthers are built. Then came the interceptions, fumbles, ex. Now I don't know how many of you have played football, but after you just came off the field forcing your oppenent to punt, you don't want to go back on the field right away. That is what happened five different times during that game and once we dug ourselves in a hole we couldn't find a way out.

Now all I am saying is this, if you are going to quote anybody make sure you quote them exactly. If you don't that could possibly get you fired in the media world depending on what the story is.

Also in response to your comment on poor shot selection. In today's NBA there is no such thing as a poor shot selection because the only thing American born basketball players are breeded to do is dunk and shoot the three ball. These to things look good and get the crowds attention, but the NBA is not basketball, it is a joke. I swear the NBA teams look more and more like the Harlem Globe Trotters every day. If you are interested in watching today's NBA then watch these players: Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard, and Shaquille O'neal. Now if you want to watch real basketball then look no further than these players: Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Parker, Ben Gordon, Tim Duncan, Pau Gasol, Mehmet Okur, Hedo Turkoglu, Steve Nash, Andrea Bargnani, Nene Hilario, Kelenna Azubuike, Leandro Barbosa, Boris Diaw, Luis Scola, Marc Gasol, Andres Nocioni, Beno Udrih, and Rudy Fernandez.

-Thanks

Can't say that I disagree with you a bit on the Panthers playoff game last year. I still don't understand why we stopped running the ball.

As you said, sports is also my life, I'm always watching, researching etc. By no means am I claiming to know more about sports than you as I am not going to school for it...unless we talk hockey, in which case I am willing to bet I know more than anyone else I know about the sport lol.

As for your points on basketball, I actually agree with those as well. Watching Kobe, LeBron, and Wade is fun, but it isn't REAL basketball, so I will concede my shot selection remark, however that still doesn't make up for a piss poor shot percentage. At any rate, since sports is your life and you are going to school for journalism etc, then I would think you could reserve your opinion on Henderson until at least some exhibition games. Like someone else said, let Brown get his hands on him and we'll see what happens.

I promise you this: If he turns out to be a bust, then I will be the first one to admit it and eat the crow. I will be expecting the same from any Heel fan that thinks Hansbrough will be a stud in the NBA.

At least Wayne had the balls to shoot unlike Henderson who was just turning the ball over, or even running up and down the court. Watch your mouth.

The balls to shoot? Really? This is your arguement as to why Wayne's line is somehow better than Gerald's? They both played bad in their FIRST EVER NBA game. Why read into it so much?

Wayne shot the ball more than anyone on the team, probably because the T-Wolves wanted to see THEIR draft selection in action. The T-Wolves are doing the Bobcats a favor by having Henderson on the squad. He isnt going to go in there are jack up 12 shots in 18 mins. For the record, he didnt have a single turnover.

Looking at some of your other posts, you seem to have some knowledge, so I do not understand where you get this idea from. Keep in mind, Gerald was drafted like so many kids these days, on potential. Sure he had a good year last year, but he has a long way to go, but if he continues to progress then he should be a very good player in the NBA for a long time.

-Thanks

The implications in your post were clear.

Typographical and grammatical errors will also get you fired, so you have a long ways to go.

Go Gerlad!

-Rookie

Archived