• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nice article on Gettleman

Gabeking

He made us a playoff caliber squad and saved us about 20 million in one off-season. If you ain't sold by now, then you never will be.

Well, we're only a playoff caliber squad because of Cam and his running ability, and he didn't draft him. In fact, there were talks that Cam might not be his type of QB. Let the man earn his accolade. This is still mostly a Hurney team absent 2-3 starters. Nobody really know what his image of this team is. For all we know he could decide to go full retard and draft 7 defensive players in hope of building the perfect defense with no offense to complement it.

For all we know he could decide to go full retard and draft 7 defensive players in hope of building the perfect defense with no offense to complement it.

For all we know, he could draft 7 punters this year. Since thats the logic youre going to use, are you going to hold this against him as well? In mere months, he solved a vast majority of multiple years worth of contract and roster mistakes. No one is saying hes the greatest GM that ever lived.

But excuse people for being optimistic that the man who built the late-2000s giants and turned us into potential super bowl contenders over the course of a few months, is here for a while.

I seriously doubt that.

Look at how the comically absurd number of games we were winning.....yet lost in 2011 and 2012.

An aggressive Ron with that offense.....easily wouldn't of had 2 losing seasons. He played it back the book in tons of games putting it on a weakness to finish out games.

Old Ron was in just about every single game.....Riverboat wouldn't of played it safe putting a weak D in so many bad spots.

And how many wins did we acquire with our lackluster pieces on defense in the last two years? Say what you will but Star, Short, Mitchell, Lester, Florence, White, and Klein have all made impacts this season. Without them, I doubt we'd be 10-4.

Without RR changing his coaching style..... we would be a 6-8 win team again. Which is why we started off the season looking just like the panthers of old

John Fox would still have a job if Hurney would've gotten him a qb earlier, not overpaid Delhomme and others, and been a GM instead of bff's with the whole roster...I could go on but I'm at work and plus I dont like defending obvious points.

Hurney was a coaches GM....Jake was Fox's QB at the end

Did you just get out of the Looney Bin? Or did you fail to follow the Panthers' offseason moves at all? Gettleman restructured: Kalil, Gross, Williams, Beason, Nakamura, Olsen and most recently Charles Johnson. Gettlemagic freed up almost $20 mil.

The contract issues do still exist, but did you expect him to erase years of poor cap management in one measly offseason? He made some serious progress.

No I don't expect them to be solved in one offseason..... Which is why I am not giving DG the credit for solving it.

All DG did outside of Beason was Hurney-magicing Hunrey deals: Which Hurney would have had to do.

This next offseason DG will be tested.....he will show what he is....

Well, we're only a playoff caliber squad because of Cam and his running ability, and he didn't draft him. In fact, there were talks that Cam might not be his type of QB. Let the man earn his accolade. This is still mostly a Hurney team absent 2-3 starters. Nobody really know what his image of this team is. For all we know he could decide to go full retard and draft 7 defensive players in hope of building the perfect defense with no offense to complement it.

JR probably smacked the taste out of Gettleman's mouth when the thought of Cam not being "his" qb popped up.

We need offensive weapons, he better get em this offseason

And how many wins did we acquire with our lackluster pieces on defense in the last two years? Say what you will but Star, Short, Mitchell, Lester, Florence, White, and Klein have all made impacts this season. Without them, I doubt we'd be 10-4.

our D was top 10 last year and most of our lost came by less than 7 points. So, we were pretty much one good draft away from turning it around. Because of Cam we control the clock and keep our defense off the field for a prolong period of time, keeping the secondary from being exposed. But I do appreciate the fact that he veered away from the read option intensive offense. If a GM couldn't turn this team around they don't deserve their position. This team has the potential to be the team to beat in the league for years, gettleman's job is to not derail that.

JR probably smacked the taste out of Gettleman's mouth when the thought of Cam not being "his" qb popped up.

The only people who thought cam wasnt getts' QB were CRA, James Dator and all the overreacting whiners on this board (you know who you are *ahem* Charlottepanther)

For all we know, he could draft 7 punters this year. Since thats the logic youre going to use, are you going to hold this against him as well? In mere months, he solved a vast majority of multiple years worth of contract and roster mistakes. No one is saying hes the greatest GM that ever lived.

But excuse people for being optimistic that the man who built the late-2000s giants and turned us into potential super bowl contenders over the course of a few months, is here for a while.

When I see the panthers, I see a team that's very Cam-dependent and it hasn't changed in Gettleman's tenure so far. When I see a franchise WR, a #2 WR and a good OL then I'll see his vision of a winning organization. For now, all these Cam rushing for more yards than the RBs to put points on the board is nothing we haven't seen before. And yes, I too am optimistic, but for now I only see Hurney's vision on the field and nobody can argue that.

This is the easiest team to coach and be a GM for because of Cam. Because of him you can do pretty much anything and everything on offense. Only QB in the league where you can have average WRs, RB play, OL and still put 30 on teams with ease. Against the Jets, a pretty good defense, I think we scored on 6 of 7 of our first  possessions the announcer stated. And all of that is credited to the GM and coaches but in reality it's because teams don't know how to play Cam. Do you waste a spy? do you blitz? can you play man coverage? You give Bilicheck those miss matches he'd probably win 5-6 superbowls. Billicheck would probably find 2 good TEs, a couple sure-handed possession slot receivers, beef up the OL, and dink&dunk his way down the field and play ball control power football. Bilicheck would probably go for it on every 4th&1, even on his side of the field.

Archived