• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rewatching the Panther vs 49rs game

AKPantherFan

I keep bringing up the drops. No one seemed to remember those. I don't remember the exact instances, but I remember there were a few bad ones. Plus the Cap missed INT

Smitty dropped a huge first down. We were driving and he dropped a perfect pass on 3rd and long. I just rewatched the game today and I can't even remember the other drops. Another thing is that Olsen got blown up by brooks while pass blocking. The right side of the line was getting handled by SF.

People keep on about there hot streak and to be fair to the Niners they won 7 straight and you have to respect that! But looking at how they finished they beat a banged up ATL team because of a last second pick six, they beat cards in Arizona which is a good win against a stout defence minus (honey badger) they win with a last second dawson field goal, and as we seen Sunday they got the last second field goal against GB! By no means have they blown anyone away and unless we relate back to that 2008 titans game I don't see it happening to us, I think they do drive the ball well on teams but there final execution from the 30 yard line inwards isn't the best and it's why they can't explode on teams and kick field goals and win by small margins which there defense has a lot to do with similar to ours, this is a game our offence needs to put up 20 points and we win because I can't see them getting more than two touchdowns all game.

So I have re-watched the whole game making sure to pay attention to mistakes on offense, defense and pay a lot of attention to big plays made or missed.

A lot stood out.

#1. Our offense under preformed. Not to say they play bad, the just missed sooooo many chances to move the chains.

Lafell, smith and ginn all had huge drops that would have been 1st downs. At least 6 total that would have changed the game huge.

#2. Newton was forced into pressure and threw high or off several times that would have been big plays.

Not to mention the missed FG

OR the fact that we ran the ball well against them in obvious run plays.

All in all while watching the game I could not help but get the feeling that we would have won by 20+ if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot, and that's playing ing their house.

Our defense played well, but still had plenty of missed assignments

We knocked 4 of their players out of the game and dominated on defense, but still was not playing at our best.

Bottom line; I have been concerned about this game all week, but after re-watching the game, the 49'rs are 1/2 the team we are.

Oh, not to mention the captian int drop in the 1st qrt, lol. It almost makes me giggle now because no one gives us a chance.

It's all good, they will come hyped up, I just don't think they can out last us. They talk about their defense being as good as ours, but on film they don't play with the same intensity.

Should be a great game. Get your seatbelt ready, cause we're going full speed ahead!!!

Good analysis. Don't forget they missed a few plays too. Kapernick had the missed throw to the tight end down the seam of the field. We should have won by more points, but I think you are leaving out some of their missed assignments in all fairness.

Oh and don't forget the ref giving them back the Vernon Davis fumble. Travesty!

Good analysis. Don't forget they missed a few plays too. Kapernick had the missed throw to the tight end down the seam of the field. We should have won by more points, but I think you are leaving out some of their missed assignments in all fairness.

Oh and don't forget the ref giving them back the Vernon Davis fumble. Travesty!

Of course they had some missed opportunities. But i wanted to focus on us for this bit.

The big nail in the coffin would have been that rookie TE holding into the ball. But it was not a drop Keek had his arm inside and knocked it out.

Our defense made them look like they missed a lot of opportunities, when in fact it was our defense kicking their ass.

So I have re-watched the whole game making sure to pay attention to mistakes on offense, defense and pay a lot of attention to big plays made or missed.

A lot stood out.

#1. Our offense under preformed. Not to say they play bad, the just missed sooooo many chances to move the chains.

Lafell, smith and ginn all had huge drops that would have been 1st downs. At least 6 total that would have changed the game huge.

#2. Newton was forced into pressure and threw high or off several times that would have been big plays.

Not to mention the missed FG

OR the fact that we ran the ball well against them in obvious run plays.

All in all while watching the game I could not help but get the feeling that we would have won by 20+ if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot, and that's playing ing their house.

Our defense played well, but still had plenty of missed assignments

We knocked 4 of their players out of the game and dominated on defense, but still was not playing at our best.

Bottom line; I have been concerned about this game all week, but after re-watching the game, the 49'rs are 1/2 the team we are.

Oh, not to mention the captian int drop in the 1st qrt, lol. It almost makes me giggle now because no one gives us a chance.

It's all good, they will come hyped up, I just don't think they can out last us. They talk about their defense being as good as ours, but on film they don't play with the same intensity.

Should be a great game. Get your seatbelt ready, cause we're going full speed ahead!!!

Good breakdown. It should certainly be a great game.

Archived