• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greatest Video Game Franchises

Dex

GOAT Franchises  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

• Mario/ Zelda/ Pokemon
    • Mortal Kombat/ Street Fighter
    • Elder Scrolls/ Fallout
    • Metal Gear Solid/ Tom Clancy
    • Resident Evil/ Silent Hill
    • Battlefield/ COD/ Halo
    • Final Fantasy/ Kingdom Hearts
    • Uncharted/ Max Payne
    • Counter Strike/ Half Life
    • Grand Theft Auto/ Red Dead Redemption
    • Assassin's Creed/ Hitman
    • Portal/ Bioshock
    • God of War/ Dark Souls
    • World of Warcraft/ League of Legends
    • Batman Arkham/ Gears of War
    • Mass Effect/ Star Wars
    • FIFA/ Madden/ 2K etc.
    • Misc. Racing games.
    • Other omg how did you miss ....

How do you figure? Most of the original settings were for the casual experience. It's no different than playing cod on hardcore rather than regular. Regular is for causal noobs hardcore takes skill. It's the same thing.

My comment was in context with multiplayer. I only play single player games on the hardest difficulty.

What Halo 2 got absolutely 100% right was matchmaking. Now it's been probably 9 years since I played it online, but I don't remember being able to use it's best feature, matchmaking, with anything but settings that were dumbed down for the masses.

For the most part, I didn't play very much after the 1.1 patch. MLG settings wouldn't have mattered before that update as the BR's shot group wasnt very tight.

nobody cares because its beyond their aptitude and comprehension

console gamers would freak out if they had to actually deal with a real server list  with dedicated servers instead of just being connected to whatever idiot is hosting

We have them in BF3 and BF4, not that you would know anything about that, who knew really??

The control for the servers is set up through your pc and you can control the whole thing while you play on the console, who knew cross platform control is possible in this day in age, the only thing that you have in PC that you don't have on consoles are Mods. truff

i came in way after my name was mentioned by someone hoping i would show up

having fun with your scaled up resolutions

Lets be honest PSC, the propensity of me mentioning Halo and then you quickly popping in the thread to trash everything console gaming happens so often should this even surprise you that I mention Halo and then hint at the highly likely possibility of you showing up soon?

You seriously have a issue whenever anyone thinks any game can be better then a PC game(or just a good game for that matter), like when you had no interest at all in ME3, but then highjacked the thread?

seriously dude the only person here with  an actual issue with other platforms and it's you. 

you wanted me in here

because its the closest you'll ever come to having me inside you

keep bragging about that one game that has shitty dedicated server support

Your point was that consoles didn't have it, my counter point was that yeah they do.

It wasn't that I wanted you here, as much as I expected it, I do swear you must have Halo locked into your search and refresh every 20 minutes just to make sure a single mention doesn't get by you without your due retribution, I've really started to find it quit comical how often you do show up in threads like this. 

My comment was in context with multiplayer. I only play single player games on the hardest difficulty.

What Halo 2 got absolutely 100% right was matchmaking. Now it's been probably 9 years since I played it online, but I don't remember being able to use it's best feature, matchmaking, with anything but settings that were dumbed down for the masses.

For the most part, I didn't play very much after the 1.1 patch. MLG settings wouldn't have mattered before that update as the BR's shot group wasnt very tight.

You realize in cod there is regular and hardcore matchmaking settings right?

Also halo added the hardcore playlist to matchmaking which was all MLG settings maps and game types because it was that good.

So you didn't play it that much

You realize in cod there is regular and hardcore matchmaking settings right?

Also halo added the hardcore playlist to matchmaking which was all MLG settings maps and game types because it was that good.

So you didn't play it that much

I don't play COD.

I played Halo 2 as much as I could at the time - but did I play it "competitively"?

lol

let me put it this way - one thing PSC is right about on XBL is host advantage. I lived in Germany at the time and 90% of my gaming was done against folks here in the USA. Do you have any clue at all how much of a disadvantage that gave me? That 200-400ms+ of latency makes a bit of difference in "reflex" shooters

you wanted me in here

because its the closest you'll ever come to having me inside you

keep bragging about that one game that has shitty dedicated server support

unreal championship had it when XBL was originally launched

Forza games have them

Left for Dead has them

last year MS claimed all Xboxone games will have dedicated server support, but I don't know if that had held up

Your point was that consoles didn't have it, my counter point was that yeah they do.

It wasn't that I wanted you here, as much as I expected it, I do swear you must have Halo locked into your search and refresh every 20 minutes just to make sure a single mention doesn't get by you without your due retribution, I've really started to find it quit comical how often you do show up in threads like this. 

every time one of these threads show up, you mention my name.

I don't play COD.

I played Halo 2 as much as I could at the time - but did I play it "competitively"?

lol

let me put it this way - one thing PSC is right about on XBL is host advantage. I lived in Germany at the time and 90% of my gaming was done against folks here in the USA. Do you have any clue at all how much of a disadvantage that gave me? That 200-400ms+ of latency makes a bit of difference in "reflex" shooters

being limited to 16 players is just pathetic too

every time one of these threads show up, you mention my name.

how do you know that unless you are jumping in looking for flame bait material? seriously what is this? Starting to try and act like an innocent bystander?

Congratulations you constant flaming of games and consoles you have no "supposed" intrest in has earned you a reputation, heaven forbid I make a jest about it in a thread. Lmao

oh yeah, you consolefags definitely have blinders on when it comes to meso eager to prove me wrong, you flout your ignorance like a flag

we never go oh PC gaming suck so much because of x, y or z. We in large part IGNORE THEM! I see a PC gaming thread I don't give it a second thought or even open it up. You are the only person that does that you know right?? We didn't ask for your opinion on console games, but apparently you feel some sort of holy calling to reform these console heathens. Only god knows why...

we never go oh PC gaming suck so much because of x, y or z. We in large part IGNORE THEM! I see a PC gaming thread I don't give it a second thought or even open it up. You are the only person that does that you know right?? We didn't ask for your opinion on console games, but apparently you feel some sort of holy calling to reform these console heathens. Only god knows why...

because console gamers are willfully ignorant

and yes, you've made it clear that you only appreciate posts that agree with you, and anything negative just makes you stick your fingers in your ears and scream NANANANANANANANANANANANANANA

Archived