• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More trouble for the Eagles.....

Johnny Rockets

A bit off topic but...who wants a bazillion Eagles topics anyway..;)...Reid went OFF on the media for leaking the Bradley thing. I agree with him from what I have read of the sitch. JR? What think you of that?

I think Andy is a control freak when it comes to media info (Like most coaches). He is horrible with the media so I don't blame the media for not doing him any favors. It wsn't like they were releasing a secret, the media guy (Eskin) was just breaking a story that was going to be told anyway. No harm no foul. It's Reid's own fault for making Eskin an insider because honestly he (Eskin) is quite an a$$hole. Bottom line, media was just doing their job.

I think Andy is a control freak when it comes to media info (Like most coaches). He is horrible with the media so I don't blame the media for not doing him any favors. It wsn't like they were releasing a secret, the media guy (Eskin) was just breaking a story that was going to be told anyway. No harm no foul. It's Reid's own fault for making Eskin an insider because honestly he (Eskin) is quite an a$$hole. Bottom line, media was just doing their job.

You mean there was actually more to it than the blurbs I read? Say it ain't so! :eek:

What I read made it sound like it was leaked out.

Technically the teams don't have to disclose any injury info in TC though I believe.

You mean there was actually more to it than the blurbs I read? Say it ain't so! :eek:

What I read made it sound like it was leaked out.

Technically the teams don't have to disclose any injury info in TC though I believe.

I don't know all the details but that is what I got out of it. One of Andy's guys released some info a bit early to Eskin before the "official" announcement was made. Eskin reported it to his radio station, PFT picked it up, then all the calls started coming in to the Eagles from other media sources wanting confirmation. This of course pissed Andy off and he went off.

This TC is a real disaster so far in so many ways.

On the original story of this thread. Supposedly Parker was a passenger in a car at 1am, that had no lights on, and ran through a red light and then the car was pulled over and the marijuana was found. Brilliant.....he is old enough to know better. YOU ARE IN A SMALL TOWN FOR TRAINING CAMP YOU IDIOT!!!!

I think the JJ thing will work in your favor, guys banding together and whatnot. I remember stories from Mike Golic about that player dying that everyone loved (Brown) seemed to do that for them. They had a great year that year on D did they not?

Juqua Parker-Thomas, whatever the hell he's calling himself these days IS obviously what he smokes. LP

i don't think pot is a big deal, but for an athlete to do it while at training camp when he needs to be in his best condition is mind blowing. its smoke and will affect your endurance, sleep schedule, and a number of other things. i would think any athlete with a shot at a professional team would keep stuff like this in the offseason.

I think the JJ thing will work in your favor, guys banding together and whatnot. I remember stories from Mike Golic about that player dying that everyone loved (Brown) seemed to do that for them. They had a great year that year on D did they not?

Juqua Parker-Thomas, whatever the hell he's calling himself these days IS obviously what he smokes. LP

The JJ thing didn't worry me to much, nor did losing Dawkins in the off season....

The one that kills me is Stewart Bradley .....I don't think most people realize what him being on the field meant to that defense. Regardless, key injuries happen to every team so the next guy (whether it be Mays or Gaither) needs to step up his game and get out there and play. People are also starting to throw out Derrick Brook's name ......I don't see that happening since they just signed Wilhelm for depth but who knows....

The JJ thing didn't worry me to much, nor did losing Dawkins in the off season....

The one that kills me is Stewart Bradley .....I don't think most people realize what him being on the field meant to that defense. Regardless, key injuries happen to every team so the next guy (whether it be Mays or Gaither) needs to step up his game and get out there and play. People are also starting to throw out Derrick Brook's name ......I don't see that happening since they just signed Wilhelm for depth but who knows....

Nooooooooooooooooo..................................................

Archived