• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Injuries, Coaching Search, And The Captain's Future

Injuries

- Alexander Semin is currently recovering from wrist surgery. Many assumed that there was an injury plaguing the Russian winger as he struggled with his shot at times last season. In my opinion, he will come back better than ever next summer.

- Andrei Loktionov had successful shoulder surgery. That's currently all the info we have on him.

Coaching Search

The Hurricanes have already interviewed three coaches (no names released) and they plan on interviewing three more. MyNHLTradeRumors believes that Karmanos will go the cheap route in the coaching search. In my opinion that leaves the job open to only four individuals: Kevin Dineen, Ulf Samuelsson, Rod Brind'Amour, or Gary Roberts.

Eric Staal's Future

- When asked about the future of Eric Staal with the team, Ron Francis replied that it all depends on the teams budget for the upcoming season... take that for what's it worth.

That's all I got.

Of those 4, the only setup I like is to get BOTH Dineen and Samuelsson. Since that isn't happening, fug Karmanos. 

We need to buy out a couple bad contracts. Jordan is getting overpaid by at least 2 mil. Semin is aging and, bad wrist last season or no, his production doesn't warrant his contract. I want to keep both guys, but they're KILLING our cap. Eric is making damn near Sid Crosby money...and I love him, but he's no Sid Crosby.

Until we fix those contracts, we're fuged.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah on a scale of 1-10.... Karmanos is a dumbass.

Haven't heard any news on coaching search? Any new information? Seems like we had specualtion and then everything went dead silent. Have we conducted interviews? 

Haven't heard any news on coaching search? Any new information? Seems like we had specualtion and then everything went dead silent. Have we conducted interviews?

Francis said that there is a possibility that they go into the draft without a coach. The latest news was that we have interviewed three coaches and plans to interview three more.

A report came out that Samuelsson was the guy and we were waiting until the Rangers were eliminated out of respect to them to announce the hiring. Since then former Hurricane defenseman and current TSN employee Aaron Ward said that, that report was inaccurate and that we have not narrowed our choice.

A new name has also come up and it's John Stevens, assistant coach for the Kings.

Finally, the most recent news came today from Michael Smith...

@MSmithCanes: .@RonFrancis10 on #Canes coaching search: "The process is moving along, and we’re working hard trying to find the right guy.”

Archived