• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014/15 UEFA Champions League

Winners: Atletico, Real, Monaco, Dortmund, Bayern, Barca, Chelsea, Porto

Runner-ups: Juventus, Basel, Leverkusen, Arsenal, City, PSG, Schalke, Shakhtar

Pretty clear who the second group will be hoping to get paired with.  I am fine as long as Bayern does not get PSG early.  Draw is Monday!

Draw results are in!

Round of 16 draw:

17 February & 11 March
Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) v Chelsea FC (ENG)
FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) v FC Bayern München (GER)

18 February & 10 March
FC Schalke 04 (GER) v Real Madrid CF (ESP)
FC Basel 1893 (SUI) v FC Porto (POR)

24 February & 18 March
Manchester City FC (ENG) v FC Barcelona (ESP)
Juventus (ITA) v Borussia Dortmund (GER)

25 February & 17 March
Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER) v Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP)
Arsenal FC (ENG) v AS Monaco FC (FRA)

I think this is the best match-up Arsenal could of asked for...  Arsene Wenger playing against his old club.

Needless to say this is a great draw for Bayern, that is going to be a slaughter.  Dortmund is going to need to beat Juventus to get a second team into the final eight because Schalke and Leverkusen are screwed.  I was really hoping one of them would get Monaco or Porto but both got Spanish teams.  Damn

Arsenal could not have asked for an easy draw, they may be the only English team to get through because the other two got tough draws.

We will have at least one club from outside the big three nations reach the final eight as Porto faces Basel, I think both have to be pretty happy with this.

The two most interesting match-ups are obviously PSG/Chelsea and City/Barca.  City must be sick of these draws, getting Bayern in group and Barca in the Round of 16 each of the last two years.

Much more interesting draw than we had last season.  Only three of the runner-ups are runaway favorites this time while last year there really was not much drama for this round.

• 2 months later...

Archived