• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 Summer Transfer Window: Rumors, Completed Deals, Pipedreams!

C47

Asmir Begovic was on Liverpool's radar before we decided on Mignolet. Begovic is a solid keeper for sure.

Yea, he or Butland would probably be the guys I would look at if they can't get Courtois. My distant third would be de Gea. 

I love Iker but I'm sort of happy he's leaving Real. Casillas is possibly a few years away from retirement. However, he provides great leadership qualities in the locker room.

If we could land Courtois AND Vidal/Pogba this summer, I'll be extremely comfortable going into the 14-15 season. I'm still holding out that we move Marcelo and replace him R. Rodriguez (develop him behind Coentrao).

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh. A RM fan saying a few more of the best players in the world and I'd be comfortable...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

There's a ton to fear this summer. There's rumors about Di Maria, Varane, and Benzema being targeted. Then there's Xabi's health and age to look at. Normally, it wouldn't be an issue but we're looking to sign Suarez and Vidal or Pogba this summer. As a result, there will be casualties.

Meanwhile, we're over here signing Emre Can and Rickie Lambert...

We're coming for you...

:lol: Fair point, I'll take it but keep in mind you guys don't have to tangle with Barca lol

We do have City and Chelsea though.

Also- there is a pretty decent chance Real Madrid and Liverpool will get drawn in the same group for UCL. That would be interesting.

Chelsea gives me fits.

That would be interesting. I am quite interested in seeing that match up, especially if Suarez ends up staying at Liverpool.

I think it would be a more even match up than most people would think. Especially the way the two sides play. Both have the ability to control possession, but both are more than willing to sit back and play the counter attack game. RM and Liverpool have pace for daaaaays.

I want Arsenal to get Hugo Lloris not Iker.

Sorry man, but... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Definitely NOT gonna happen!

The only way we lose Lloris is if he declines to sign another offer and leaves on a free, cause Levy's said he is not for sale for any amount this Summer. Of course, if someone ponies up a ridiculous amount of cash, that could change in a heartbeat, but I'd be pissed. The one bright spot in last year's fiasco was his excellent and consistent play.

Even if we sell him, he'd go to a non-EPL team. I could see the lynch mobs forming, ready to string Levy up if he were sold to ARSEnal. ;)

File these in the pipe dream category as they make no sense for RM/aren't going to happen....

1. di Maria to Juventus for 45m

2. RM targeting Ramires to retool the midfield: May be the most realistic of the three, but I doubt they're targeting him. He MAY be a fallback if they can't get Vidal or Pogba, but even that seems unlikely to me. 

And my personal favorite....

3. Real Madrid all in for Toni Kroos: While I wouldn't mind Kroos, it will be a cold day in hell before Bayern sells RM one of their key players. ESPECIALLY after the ass beating handed down in Munich. 

File these in the pipe dream category as they make no sense for RM/aren't going to happen....

1. di Maria to Juventus for 45m

2. RM targeting Ramires to retool the midfield: May be the most realistic of the three, but I doubt they're targeting him. He MAY be a fallback if they can't get Vidal or Pogba, but even that seems unlikely to me.

And my personal favorite....

3. Real Madrid all in for Toni Kroos: While I wouldn't mind Kroos, it will be a cold day in hell before Bayern sells RM one of their key players. ESPECIALLY after the ass beating handed down in Munich.

1) I don't think Juve would pay that, but Madrid would definitely sell at that price.

2) If you pay any more than £25m for Ramires, it's a mistake. Good, not great player.

3) I'd go so far as to say this will happen. Bayern have been shopping Kroos for a while. He'd prefer a Madrid move over the PL sides after him. Bayern knows that Madrid will over pay and that they can probably sign a superior replacement. Bayern could also move Martinez into that role permanently. Kroos is good, but his value will never be higher as a DM.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

My starting XI:

Ronaldo - Benzema - Bale

Di Maria - Alonso/Isco - Vidal or Pogba

Coentrao - Ramos - Varane - Carvajal

No chance Modric is out of the XI. I would have the midfield as Di Maria - Modric - Vidal

So, Spurs are supposedly going after Julian Green for GBP 5 million.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/06/05/spurs-chasing-bayern-and-usa-starlet-julian-green-according-to-report/

Huh? Don't we have enough wingers and mids on the team already??

We need defensemen - preferably ones that can actually run fast and not get hurt at the drop of a hat. Maybe even an additional Striker to boot.

Archived