• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 World Cup: Group F

Goondal

Argentina 3-0-0 (+3) 9

Nigeria 1-1-1 (EV) 4

Bosnia-Herzegovina 1-0-2 (EV) 3

Iran 0-1-2 (-3) 1

This group largely seems like a tune up for Argentina.  Throw in their Round of 16 match-up against Group E and there is not a team in the tournament that has an easier path to reach the quarters.  They still have to take care of business though but with all that talent and playing so close to home I do not foresee much of a problem.  The real question is who finishes second.

Bosnia-Herzegovina is making their World Cup debut this afternoon and they really could not have asked for a much better road out of the group stage.  The one downside is playing Argentina first, but if they can avoid ruining their goal differential in their first match they are in great shape.  Nigeria certainly could pose some issues for them but in the end I think Bosnia-Herzegovina gets out of their group in their maiden voyage.  It would not stun me if they beat the Group E winner to reach the quarters but I have them falling to the Swiss in the Round of 16.

I'm not sure how healthy Bosnia-Herzegovina is but they have several classy players. Most of their team is playing at some level in Europe. They shouldn't be viewed as a weak number second team in the group. Iran are most likely the punching bags and Nigeria looked undisciplined against team USA.

Archived