• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USA vs. Portugal

Still tho, only ourselves to blame.

Bradley with the poor giveaway in the worst area of the field(soccer basics) then we didn't close down Ronaldo and every defender in the box is ball watching!!!! WTF?

The more I watch the replay the more annoyed I get.

Worse part is only 3 days rest after playing in the hottest stadium in the WC. Sigh.

Four minutes of stoppage time, but then the 4th official thought Zusi was walking off too slow so added another. That's trash.

Just watched it again too. Zusi jogged off like every other soccer player in the history of the game does. The only time you see a guy sprint off is when they're pushing for a goal. That's complete garbage by FIFA, and totally unsurprising.

I can't even recall the last time I've seen five minutes of stoppage time given.

- Beasley injury... 30 seconds

- Six subs... 30 seconds each

- Round up to 4 minutes

Where is that last minute coming from?

I can't even recall the last time I've seen five minutes of stoppage time given.

- Round up to 4 minutes

Actually only 4 sub's in the 2nd half.(Portugal had 1 in the 1st half, 1 at the half)

So the ref basically added 3 mins for injuries/stoppages.

Are you guys still complaining about the five minutes? It was just. :lol: US fans should be blaming Bradley for the turnover and your backline for not hustling.

Um I don't think anyone isn't. Doesn't change the fact that 5 mins was bullpoo. It was legit Fergie time.

So I will do the math later but it seems we want Portugal to win in a low scoring match if we are going to lose.

Scenario A: The U.S. needs to either win or draw against Germany on Thursday afternoon.

*A win against Germany would mean the U.S. wins Group G.

Scenario B: If the U.S. loses, and there is a draw in the Portugal-Ghana game.

Scenario C: If the U.S. loses and wins a tiebreaker against the Portugal-Ghana winner. 

The loser of the U.S.-Germany match can still advance if Portugal-Ghana draws or if they have superior goal differential with winner of that match. (Current GDs: GER +4, USA +1, GHA -1, POR -4)

• Portugal-Ghana winner advances with win and by beating loser of US/Germany on tiebreaker.

For posterity, the first two tie-breakers are goal differential and goals for.

The head-to-head scenario is acutally fourth on FIFA's list of tiebreakers and would only come into effect if both teams had the same goal differential and scored the exact same number of goals in group play.

http://www.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2014-06-22/world-cup-2014-what-needs-to-happen-for-the-us-to-advance-to-knockout-round?eadid=SOC/Twi/SNMain

- Round up to 4 minutes

Last week v Ghana. It was just as much bullshit then too.

I walking in the bar and drinking and watching a game. Finally turn my head and who do I see? Behold Luke Kueckly sitting beside me. I screamed Luuukeee and hold my hand up and screamed Luuuukeee back and hold his hand up. And started to laugh.

And you think I care? :lol:

I wanted us NOT to qualify in order for heads to roll and the decision-makers to finally reassess the way they build their squad.

Like I said, point your anger and blame towards your self-professed savior in Michael Bradley.

Lol you obviously didn't even watch the game. Bradley controlled the midfield the whole game (which you said he couldn't after the Ghana game)... you were obviously wrong.

Not to mention, you don't lose the game 70 yards away from your goal. The turnover was bad but our entire team should have not been caught that far up field.

Bradley is better than probably any midfielder on your roster... so I'm not sure why you're on his case. Your only argument is Dos Santos who has had his fair share of issues recently.

I hardly think so. Five minutes was appropriate with all the injuries America was sporting towards the end and all the subs that went in. Regardless, it is trivial. I hope you're not forming conspiracy theories from this. This game was slowed down by various players from both sides in order to milk the clock.

Who was injured outside of Beasley and Besler, both who got off the field quite quickly?

That water break in the first half was longer than both of those injuries combined.

Bradley played against who, again? Any soccer fan knows Portugal has a nonexistent midfield and backline. So, again, Bradley shined brightly against substandard and mid-tier talent. Great for you, brah! Let's see him perform that away against, you know, Kroos and Ozil now before you open your mouth about how 'great' Bradley is on the international level.

Considering how well Guardado controlled and distributed the ball against Brazil's midfield, I'll take him over Bradley 10 out of 10 times but, of course, I'm not a Guardado fan. I'm just enjoying watching you get bent out of shape. :D

Oh so now that he performed well against Portugal, Portugal has a bad midfield... I've told you before that technical teams don't frustrate technical teams.. Speed teams frustrate technical teams.

Make up your fricken mind dude, watching you straddle the fence on so many issues is pathetic.

With you it's... if this player does well, wait til next game til he plays this team and it honestly make a you look foolish.

Oh and I'm not bent out of shape at all, I'm ecstatic that we have a chance to advance out of the toughest group in the World Cup.

Archived