• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gordon Hayward to visit Hornets next week.

PantherBrew

great, A+ analysis.

Lance Stephenson does everything Hayward does, and does it better. So do other 2 & 3rd options on many NBA teams. Should they all get max deals?

No way Hayward is worth more than Jefferson. Based on this deal, Hayward should be an All-Star next season, and Jefferson should be playing second fiddle to him. Kemba should be running the offense to get Hayward the ball.

None of that will be the case if he's here, so he's not worth that much. You lose. 

Lance Stephenson does everything Hayward does, and does it better. So do other 2 & 3rd options on many NBA teams. Should they all get max deals?

No way Hayward is worth more than Jefferson. Based on this deal, Hayward should be an All-Star next season, and Jefferson should be playing second fiddle to him. Kemba should be running the offense to get Hayward the ball.

None of that will be the case if he's here, so he's not worth that much. You lose.

You are dumb.

I'm not sure about that, I think they were playing chicken and didn't think he would get a max.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

From a Jazz fan:

For those of us following the Jazz, I think we have a pretty good sense that they will, in fact, match any offer. Even if the contract overpays him, we're currently 30 million under the cap with several of our main pieces still on rookie contracts. There's no superior option -- there's no one better coming to Utah to spend that cap space on. And in the end, if it doesn't work out, the fact that teams were willing to overpay him demonstrates that the contract will be tradeable, if it comes down to it.

From a Jazz fan:

That's just it, his contact as signed with Charlotte is untradable. Lol trade kicker bumps his salary from 15-16 to around 18 per season or more depending salary cap. Can't be traded in season one without consent... Lots of loops here.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

The problem with this board is we have a bunch of nerds who are just pompous assholes to each other and act like basketball snobs to those who don't post much in here.

The funny thing is that these same people wouldn't even get picked for a YMCA pick up game.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived