• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sporting News Report: Stephenson battle down to Hornets, Pacers, and Mavs

teeray

I think it's so weird everyone keeps shitting on bonnel. His job isn't to be positive it's to relay what he hears/thinks is going to happen. What has he been wrong about this offseason now that he doesn't have an insider?

Bonnel is no different then any poster on this message board when it comes to information (ie he doesn't have the faintest clue).  He is a subpar reporter that hates his job and it refects in the way he writes.  He has no great insight what is going on with the Hornets. 

After a while you get tired of his Negative Nelly routine.

@rick_bonnell: FWIW, I don't think there's a strong chance Lance Stephenson ends up signing with the Hornets.

@rick_bonnell: The Hornets have still not expressed interest in Luol Deng, so guess you can cross off that name.

@rick_bonnell: Bobcats were 0-for-2 on offer sheets. All they accomplished was getting Varejao and Landry paid more elsewhere.

@rick_bonnell: I increasingly get the sense Hornets are unlikely to land a big-fish free agent in this class.

@rick_bonnell: The Hornets have not approached point guard Ramon Sessions about a possible return to Charlotte.

@rick_bonnell: Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward will visit the Charlotte Hornets next week, the Observer has learned. Story to follow.

@rick_bonnell: Several have asked me about S&T regarding Gordon Hayward. Unless you offered the Jazz a great deal, why would they not just match?

@rick_bonnell: Re McRoberts-Miami speculation: Obviously if the Hornets want him, Heat can't compete as far as paying him. So it's up to Cho.

@rick_bonnell: I tweeted this a while back and it still holds true: Hornets aren't showing signs they want Stephenson.

Here are most of his tweets since 7/1 about potential free agents and the hornets. It doesn't include any direct responses to others or retweets of others (like wojo saying we are interested in mw).

The only one that is off is the one about McRoberts because he signed with heat right after that. Still wasn't wrong though. I understand people saying he is negative, but has also been right in his negativity

He was wrong about Deng, as we have shown interest in him.

He was wrong about not pursuing any big free agents because we went after Hayward right after that.

He was wrong about Sessions.

2 of those he wasn't right or wrong about. One was just bringing up something from the past (Varejao and Landry) and the other was just him saying Utah will match, which about 50 other people were reporting at the time. Your post proves nothing.

He was wrong about not pursuing any big free agents because we went after Hayward right after that.

2 of those he wasn't right or wrong about. One was just bringing up something from the past (Varejao and Landry) and the other was just him saying Utah will match, which about 50 other people were reporting at the time. Your post proves nothing.

He was also stupid to say that he thought Lance Stephenson would end up on the Hornets in that first tweet, then coming back and saying the opposite in that last one. If they are showing "no interest," why would you even say the first one? 

As far as I know we haven't offered any type of deal to deng or sessions. And he didn't say we wouldn't go after any big free agents, he said we wouldn't land any.

I just think it's funny that this entire board is bitching about not signing anyone (other than MW) and also bitching that Bonnel said we wouldn't.

Reminds of how everyone used to bitch about Gantt's negativity and then we got stuck with Person

He was also stupid to say that he thought Lance Stephenson would end up on the Hornets in that first tweet, then coming back and saying the opposite in that last one. If they are showing "no interest," why would you even say the first one?

What? He says he doesn't think Stephenson would end up with hornets in both tweets

As far as I know we haven't offered any type of deal to deng or sessions. And he didn't say we wouldn't go after any big free agents, he said we wouldn't land any.

I just think it's funny that this entire board is bitching about not signing anyone (other than MW) and also bitching that Bonnel said we wouldn't.

Reminds of how everyone used to bitch about Gantt's negativity and then we got stuck with Person

He said they hadn't "approached" Sessions about a possible return to Charlotte, so why are you using the word "offered"? Every "approach" doesn't have to include an "offer."

People bash Bonnell, but the bottom line is he is right more often than he is wrong.

It's his attitude that I dislike, but that doesn't discredit his credibility.

We just have a bunch of fickle fans that are just dying to get their panties stirred up about something.

If he was nicer I wouldn't have a problem with him, but his smug attitude really rubs me the wrong way.

People bash Bonnell, but the bottom line is he is right more often than he is wrong.

It's his attitude that I dislike, but that doesn't discredit his credibility.

We just have a bunch of fickle fans that are just dying to get their panties stirred up about something.

If he was nicer I wouldn't have a problem with him, but his smug attitude really rubs me the wrong way.

Yeah I can see this completely. His responses to fan questions are usually pretty snarky, but I feel like his actually reporting gets a bad rap. We could have a lot worse beat writer

Archived