• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sporting News Report: Stephenson battle down to Hornets, Pacers, and Mavs

teeray

We need to act quick. The Rockets are rumored to be taking up every hour of the 72 hours they are alotted to match the Parsons offer sheet (screwing with the Mavs).

Go ahead and give him a 4X10 and let's call it an offseason.

I'm not sure 10 will get it done. 11-12 minimum is my opinion to have a real shot at him.

Just my opinion though

The other thing is that the Mavs reportedly are lukewarm on Stephenson because of his antics and might target Ariza and Deng first.

They even scoffed at the mention of Stephenson's name just a month ago.

Mavs want him to play SF, and that would give then a 6'3 and 6'5 SF which they aren't thrilled about

I'm thinking we end up signing Marvin Williams first, then Hinrich, and then Lance. I think that could be affordable.

Kemba (Hinrich)

Stephenson (Henderson)

MKG/Marvin

Vonleh/Marv/Zeller

Jefferson (Biz-Zeller)

I'm thinking we end up signing Marvin Williams first, then Hinrich, and then Lance. I think that could be affordable.

Kemba (Hinrich)

Stephenson (Henderson)

MKG

Marvin (Vonleh-Zeller)

Jefferson (Biz-Zeller)

Get the big fishes first, then fill in around them.

Lance Stephenson is only 23 years old. He can rebound, shoot, pass and finish and will likely only get better. He has played in very big games as well and we have a position for him to play. I'd give him whatever contract he wants. Next year we start Lance and let Hendo be our 6th man. After the season Henderson's remaining 6 million over one year will me very movable so we trade him and Hairston becomes the primary scoring option off the bench (assuming he stays out of trouble).

Archived