• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets sign Lance Stephenson to 3yr/27m contract.

Jakob

What the hell, I'll get involved...

I think Hairston will be a good player but if you've watched him in SL, you can tell he isn't ready yet.

Whether individuals want to admit it or not, experience plays a huge role in the NBA. That is what currently makes Henderson valuable as a bench player.

I've also said this at least 1,000 times and posters continue to ignore it. So once again... IF YOU'RE NOT READY, YOU WON'T PLAY. Those words were explicitly implied by Clifford in an interview with The Observer.

I'm just as big of a Carolina fan as the next guy, but the homerism is ridiculous. At the end of the day, P.J. is still a rookie and rarely to rookies come in a make immediate impacts.

I think 6 points per game is a reasonable expectation for Hairston this year.

Alright I'm done... reply to me if you want I won't even respond to your post because it's irrelevant as the above opinions are Coach Clifford's opinions, not mine.

I think Hairston will be a good player but if you've watched him in SL, you can tell he isn't ready yet.

Whether individuals want to admit it or not, experience plays a huge role in the NBA. That is what currently makes Henderson valuable as a bench player.

I've also said this at least 1,000 times and posters continue to ignore it. So once again... IF YOU'RE NOT READY, YOU WON'T PLAY. Those words were explicitly implied by Clifford in an interview with The Observer.

I'm just as big of a Carolina fan as the next guy, but the homerism is ridiculous. At the end of the day, P.J. is still a rookie and rarely to rookies come in a make immediate impacts.

Alright I'm done... reply to me if you want I won't even respond to your post because it's irrelevant as the above opinions are Coach Clifford's opinions, not mine.

You can not tell anything from SL. Dudes have lit it up and sucked in the NBA. Dudes have sucked in the SL and played well in the NBA. 

I expect 8-10ppg points from PJ if given decent burn. 

God I love this signing! We give this KID (he's a child still at 23) an opportunity to prove he can mature and if he doesn't... no sweat off our back. I believe in him tho.

I feel like we are getting a younger Captain Jack that can grow with this team. And seriously, who didn't love Captain Jack in Charlotte?

I'm super cereal guys, this is an awesome signing! Lance can fugin ball and you can't teach that.

yep, this is a playoff team looking to move up seeds.  not utah, etc.  gonna be hard for many rookies to get big time minutes in our lineup and we should all view this as a good thing.  doesn't mean the young bucks won't learn a bunch and get better.   

God I love this signing! We give this KID (he's a child still at 23) an opportunity to prove he can mature and if he doesn't... no sweat off our back. I believe in him tho.

I feel like we are getting a younger Captain Jack that can grow with this team. And seriously, who didn't love Captain Jack in Charlotte?

I'm super cereal guys, this is an awesome signing! Lance can fugin ball and you can't teach that.

i believe in him too.  lance got a nice contract for himself for what is still a "prove it to us" type deal.  hornets come out nice with bird rights if it works out.  if it doesn't he gone in two with friendly money figures for the team.  the risk/reward is immensely in our favor and this should work out for the best for everyone.  gotta believe lance will be playing his ass off to get that big time new CBA money in a few seasons.  

You can not tell anything from SL. Dudes have lit it up and sucked in the NBA. Dudes have sucked in the SL and played well in the NBA.

You're hopeless lol...

Sucking in summer league is irrelevant to the overall conversation. You just latched on to that smidge of my post because you are starting to realize that Hairston may not see a lot of floor time this year.

The bottom line is that he (Hairston) lacks experience and experience is something that Clifford places an extremely high value on.

Hell, the fourth overall pick in the draft last year played less than 15 minutes a game in Clifford's veteran laden system. Not to mention he's said at least 20 times (not an exaggeration) that he prefers the experienced players.

So in reality, you aren't arguing with me. You are arguing with the head coach of the Charlotte Hornets who led his team to a 40+ win season in his first year.

Good luck winning that argument.

Oh and LANCE STEPHENSON!!!

You're hopeless lol...

Sucking in summer league is irrelevant to the overall conversation. You just latched on to that smidge of my post because you are starting to realize that Hairston may not see a lot of floor time this year.

The bottom line is that he (Hairston) lacks experience and experience is something that Clifford places an extremely high value on.

Hell, the fourth overall pick in the draft last year played less than 15 minutes a game in Clifford's veteran laden system. Not to mention he's said at least 20 times (not an exaggeration) that he prefers the experienced players.

So in reality, you aren't arguing with me. You are arguing with the head coach of the Charlotte Hornets who led his team to a 40+ win season in his first year.

Good luck winning that argument.

Oh and LANCE STEPHENSON!!!

You brought it up not me. Just calling out faulty logic. 

Obviously PJ may not see a lot of floor this year since we just signed one of the best SG's in the league. Not to mention still having a solid vet in Hendo. Even still, id bet money he sees the floor each game atleast some. 

The only thing I am arguing / debating is people trying to make assumptions based on the SL and who would make a better back up in regards to Hendo and PJ. 

Obviously PJ may not see a lot of floor this year since we just signed one of the best SG's in the league. Not to mention still having a solid vet in Hendo. Even still, id bet money he sees the floor each game atleast some. 

The only thing I am arguing / debating is people trying to make assumptions based on the SL and who would make a better back up in regards to Hendo and PJ. 

I do think PJ's style of living beyond the arc fits this team a heck of a lot better than Hendo as a sixth man volume scorer similar to what Dion Waiters will eventually do for the Cavs.

However, it's obvious he's not ready for that, and until he is, we have to roll with the Hendo/Neal platoon. PJ's problem in the summer league is he's trying to do too much, and spending some time on the bench learning from good vets like Hendo and Neal should help groom him into being the player that alot of us were ecstatic for when we saw the 26th pick being made.

Sounds weird to say considering where we were just a couple years ago, but the Hornets can actually afford to be patient with the young guys now.

Who's to say that Henderson wouldn't make a better backup right now?

Hairston has yet to play a single NBA game.

Temper the expectations.

Archived