• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

deangelo williams apologizes to byron bell

bell2.gif

That's Bell not making a block on a 215lb safety. If Bell would have leveled him and drove him toward the sidelines, DWill wouldn't have to cut back inside and could have followed Silatolu all the way around the defense.

There's plenty of positive plays I've seen watching Bell in this game, but it's things like this that fans can understandably dislike about him. I'm rooting for him to succeed because it helps the team, but people have the right to be skeptical.

This was not a good look for Bell but again I feel like this is mental. Bell appears to give the safety the inside almost as if he expect Deangelo to take it out wide. When Dlo cuts inside Bell is screwed. His body is not in position to make that block. So did Bell make a bad decision or did Dlo? You can clearly see Silatolu running wide with bell while Deangelo gets tackled cutting in. To me this is Deangelo free lancing.

Coach Ron told the media if he could take them in the film room and see who was truly at fault in these situations, they would have a different perspective on Bell. 

And again in the earlier .gif, Bell is clearly blocking the outside rush, was he expecting the chip inside? Or did Deangelo compromise his leverage by coming in next to him? Perhaps his plan was to throw him outside.

Maybe Bell could have done better in both these instances but to me this is bad teamwork and communication.

Archived