• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Micheal Sam released

I thought he had a great preseason. I read somewhere that SEC defensive MVPs have never been drafted as low as the 5th round. I really think that teams are scared of what he brings with him which is sad.

I knew he had a small chance to make the rams but no reason why he isn't at least on a practice squad somewhere in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I'm sure people will try to use that SEC MVP angle to defend Sam and blame the NFL. But we see decorated College players flame out all of the time. Chris Leak led his team to the NCAA Championship and went undrafted based on his physical traits. I kind of feel like Sam is suffering from that because he's been labeled a "tweener".

I think The Golden Calf of Bristol did a disservice to any player with questionable talent and a high profile. There is an instant association with him when these guys come out and they should all be evaluated individually.

I'm sure people will try to use that SEC MVP angle to defend Sam and blame the NFL. But we see decorated College players flame out all of the time. Chris Leak led his team to the NCAA Championship and went undrafted based on his physical traits. I kind of feel like Sam is suffering from that because he's been labeled a "tweener".

I think The Golden Calf of Bristol did a disservice to any player with questionable talent and a high profile. There is an instant association with him when these guys come out and they should all be evaluated individually.

Winning one game or winning an award for one game is very different from winning an award for an entire season. Do all conference MVPs end up being great NFL players? No but it sure does look good on a players resume.

I did see that the Cowboys signed Sam to the practice squad. I think he has a good chance to make the roster by the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived