• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Front Office has lost it!

AKPantherFan

Thats MY point... ZERO balls by our FO...

Not once did they clarify their stance....

it basically was "we are forced into this-- it sucks-- there is no rule book"  WTFE

Funny-- San Fran is abasically saying FU everyone we are going to do us- and guess who they are not talking about in the media...

San Fran....

Panthers = NO Back Bone...

If they find hardy guilty i will eat my words and feel like a huge piece of poo, but at ;least i am not willing to throw my own under the bus before he gets to prove his innocence.

and for those who think now we can move on, you ALL are mistaken. This crap will be brought up every sunday regarless.

enjoy!

I think they would have if he hadn't agreed to this.

Gettleman made clear that the Panthers weren't going to do it.  But with all the heat that's on them right now (even more after today's news about Brandon Marshall) they clearly want Hardy out of the spotlight.

If the NFL suspended him, it would have been without pay.  Getting him to agree to it with pay (and probably an agreement to stay out of the spotlight) works better for the league.

And I'm saying if they did I think they'd get an immediate appeal by the NFLPA.

The way it was handle actually made the FO look bad.The press conference didn't help. Their PR person obvious didn't prepare them. They did Hardy a favor he is still getting paid. He put him self in this situation. I have a question; everyone feels he will be found not guilty in November what will your opionion of him and the organization be if he is found guilty.

Saying "suspension was never on the table for us" is a pretty clear statement of their stance.

Ok-- so what you are staying is ou FO is incapable of running their own team and we are only puppets of the NFL front office..

Get it...

I think that was my POINT the WHOLE time..... Aprreciate it!!!!

And I'm saying if they did I think they'd get an immediate appeal by the NFLPA.

Which keeps the story in the news, exactly what the League doesn't want.

Gettleman said the team was definitely not going to suspend him (specifically said suspension "was not on the table") so the League then comes to Hardy and the team and says "Look, you're going away one way or the other.  You want it paid or unpaid?"  Hardy wisely chooses 'paid'.

That makes sense.  Surely, avoiding the NFLPA has something to do with it, right?

Definitely.

The way it was handle actually made the FO look bad.The press conference didn't help. Their PR person obvious didn't prepare them. They did Hardy a favor he is still getting paid. He put him self in this situation. I have a question; everyone feels he will be found not guilty in November what will your opionion of him and the organization be if he is found guilty.

Cut and that they/NFL still mishandled it. Because they just released the new policy of 6 games for first time offenders and if this gets done timely he'll get 10.

He gets punished more just because the organization bent the knee to the mob.

Total BS. Since when does public pressure and anger dictate an individual's rights?

They said the suspension wasn't coming from the team....they didn't bail out on him as the OP suggests. GMan saying that shows the opposite in fact.

Sent from my iPhone

Yet at the same time they did NOTHING to stand by their guy or to SHOW that support.

They could have put some information out there about the process, took time to discuss the difference between the Hardy case and RR or AP, but NO.... Not once.

it was just "The climiate is changing- Greg decided to do this (which makes us look even MORE inept) and we want to move on....there is no rule book."

ALL WE DID WAS embarass ourselves in public.... AGAIN...

BS FO move....

Archived