• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Salary Cap Info

AU-panther

That CJ cap hit next year. lolol

It will be interesting to see how DG handles that cap hit.  A year ago I would have bet good money that we would try to resign Hardy and cut CJ.  I can now see CJ getting an extension, which would lower the yearly cap number some, or I could see us cutting him.

Next offseason should be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

The NFLPA numbers tend to be a little higher then overthecap.com and spotrac.com.  I have yet to find a definitive reason for this.  Overthecap and spotrac tend to be very close, so I went with those. Those two sites also seem to match better with some other unofficial team specific salary cap websites.

Actually with some of the injuries we have had our numbers are a little lower then in my first post.  I will try to update them at some point.  We are slowly cutting into some of the money I was expecting us to rollover. 

When we restructured CJ's contract I was convinced we were about to extend one of our players.  Now it looks like DG might have been just making sure he had enough space to navigate any unforeseen situations.  If this is the case the numbers from overthecap.com look more accurate because we only had around 2 million in cap space before the restructure.  At the time NFLPA had us around 6 million, which should be enough to have in reserve.

Godfrey gonna be one of the first to go LOL dem Hurney contracts....wtf

I would tend to agree with you.  Often when deciding to cut someone the question becomes can you replace them for the amount you save.  We would free up 5m million in both 2015 and 2016.

Could we replace Godfrey for 5m in both of those years? 

The NFLPA numbers tend to be a little higher then overthecap.com and spotrac.com.  I have yet to find a definitive reason for this.  Overthecap and spotrac tend to be very close, so I went with those. Those two sites also seem to match better with some other unofficial team specific salary cap websites.

Actually with some of the injuries we have had our numbers are a little lower then in my first post.  I will try to update them at some point.  We are slowly cutting into some of the money I was expecting us to rollover. 

When we restructured CJ's contract I was convinced we were about to extend one of our players.  Now it looks like DG might have been just making sure he had enough space to navigate any unforeseen situations.  If this is the case the numbers from overthecap.com look more accurate because we only had around 2 million in cap space before the restructure.  At the time NFLPA had us around 6 million, which should be enough to have in reserve.

http://blackandbluereview.com/postjuneonecap/

In that example NFLPA had us with less cap space.  Like I said earlier there seems to be a difference between the 3 sites, with the NFLPA list having the most variance.  I tend to use overthecap because it gives detailed information instead of just a total.  If someone would prefer to use NFLPA numbers they can easily adjust the numbers I'm projecting.

Archived