• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raleigh/Durham Restaurants?

boo7382

If you went to Serena's...then you're dead in the middle of RTP and right near where I work.

Bar/restaurants...definately hit Aviator in Fuquay.  Beer is awesome and the smokehouse food is incredible.  Landmark locations are obvious with Angus Barn, 42nd St Oyster bar, 419 West Italian on Glenwood (behind 42nd st oyster bar). 

Definately hit the tavern under Second Empire.  Lot cheaper than upstairs but same kitchen and great food. 

Cafe Luna for good Italian.  Hole in wall italian that's awesome is Piccolo Italia in Cameron Village.

BEST cheap mexican foods are either SalsaFresh, but my favorite is Chubby's Tacos.  You will not regret eating there.  Gotta do Chubby's.

Sullivan's has great steaks...best bone-in ribeye I've ever had and I would've eaten it like a lollipop if etiquette would've allowed. 

Sushi Thai is considered one of the best sushi places in town. 

Durham pretty much sucks, but I do suggest going to Dane's Chicken and Waffles during lunchtime.  Do it at least once. 

Allen's BBQ in Chapel Hill...or Fearrington Village is good in that area.

Those are some you should make a list and visit each at least once.  Angus Barn is some place you should do once though, BUT if you have a significant other....call a month in advance and ask to do the chef's table experience.  You get a nice quaint little table IN the kitchen and the chef personally looks after you.  You can walk around the kitchen and check things out and get a nice multi-course meal.  It's a bit pricey for the one time experience, but if you end up buying steaks, a bottle of wine, dessert, and all the courses you get...you'd end up paying that anyway. 

Archived