• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Perspective about how weak we are...

CRA

At running the ball

Week 6 Cam finally runs around on his hobbled ankle with busted ribs...

And he is now our leading rusher on the year.

Shula and Ron need to wake and realize all the traditional running does is make life harder on Newton, the OL, etc. It doesn't work, waste downs and puts the O behind the chains. Now that Cam is a threat we need to operate heavily out of the shotgun and hopefully RBs can gain some yardage on runs out of that formation as teams worry about Newton and he opens up lanes for them.

Time to accept we have no choice but to be a Cam offense. We knew that but we need to make life easier on him and he is at his best away from these under center power run plays that we don't have the D to be playing around with

one thing they definitely need to work on is the hand off on shotgun/read option plays.

i know newton was playing with backup running backs, but my god it looked like he and the backs were fighting for the ball instead of trying to execute a play.

That is just Cam...seeing if he can get that hole to open up and keep it.

But I agree, the reads only look smooth with 28.

one thing they definitely need to work on is the hand off on shotgun/read option plays.

i know newton was playing with backup running backs, but my god it looked like he and the backs were fighting for the ball instead of trying to execute a play.

That's what makes Newton so effective in the read option plays. He's able to hang on to the ball till the very last second and pull it out and go. If he doesn't the DE will be able to read it alot better.

Archived