• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015 January Transfer Window- Rumors, wishlists, pipe dreams, and more!

DirtyMagic97

Looks like Chelsea is going after him hard.  Schurrle plus cash for Reus might be the ideal deal for Dortmund.

PS:  I doubt Arsenal interested in Reus with a stable of wingers and lack of talent on defense and mindfield.

Yea. I've always felt Chelsea was the most likely destination for Reus. Would get a ton of playing time, Dortmund would receive player + cash, and Chelsea can pay wages like anyone else.

Pedro told Barcelona he want more playing time or he wants out in January.  Not sure how he will get more playing time with Suarez, Messi and Neymar out there.

I really do hope Arsenal can get him and play him beside Alexis.  Would be absolutely nasty midfield.

Looks like Khedira will stay in Madrid with Modric hurt and Abu Diabi coming back from injury for Arsenal.

Frankly, I don't view Shaqiri as a legitimate transfer target. There is a lot of pressure on BR right now. I'm sure FSG is not happy with the way he's spent his money since purchasing Coutinho and Sturridge in the same window. He has to supply the squad with goals with or without Sturridge. I see him going after a clinical finisher. Could see Huntelaar as a target.

I hear Liverpool might be going after Shaqiri this January and Bayern is willing to sale.  Shaqiri is a wingers tho.  You guys signed Lalana and Marcovic for almost 50m pounds 3 months ago.  Shaqiri will cost around 25m pounds as well. 

and?  we could use another winger.  lallana is not a winger he's a midfielder.  if we sign shaqiri we can put him and sterling on the wings and put sturridge (or someone else cause he's always hurt) up top and run a 4-3-3 like we did some last year.  time in the midfield would get really competitive then with only 3 spots.  i have no idea why lallana isn't getting more time than he is right now

and?  we could use another winger.  lallana is not a winger he's a midfielder.  if we sign shaqiri we can put him and sterling on the wings and put sturridge (or someone else cause he's always hurt) up top and run a 4-3-3 like we did some last year.  time in the midfield would get really competitive then with only 3 spots.  i have no idea why lallana isn't getting more time than he is right now

Liverpool need a new striker and defensive midfielder cause Gerrard ranked one of the worst starting defensive midfielders in EPL.

Liverpool need a new striker and defensive midfielder cause Gerrard ranked one of the worst starting defensive midfielders in EPL.

Nah, Liverpool don't really need a DM. A steady rotation of Gerrard, Hendo, Can, and Allen will be fine. Gerrard has made mistakes, but he is still top 15 in key passes per game, one of the top DMs in chances created this season, and is the leader of the squad. I do not think he should play every match, because he's just too damn old.

The defense has made mistakes, but they have put us in position to win matches a few times. If we had a steady supply of goals, we'd be T4 right now. We have to address the goals first and then maybe a DM or CB for depth.

Nah, Liverpool don't really need a DM. A steady rotation of Gerrard, Hendo, Can, and Allen will be fine. Gerrard has made mistakes, but he is still top 15 in key passes per game, one of the top DMs in chances created this season, and is the leader of the squad. I do not think he should play every match, because he's just too damn old.

The defense has made mistakes, but they have put us in position to win matches a few times. If we had a steady supply of goals, we'd be T4 right now. We have to address the goals first and then maybe a DM or CB for depth.

Assuming Porto will demand too much for Jackson what other options are there?  I've heard Lacazette's name mentioned.  Here's an idea: what about Firmino?  I know he's labeled a midfielder, but I think he could operate as a striker.  Maybe second striker to Daniel or something.  Firmino is extremely mobile and moves around everywhere, he knows how to score and create goals.  Just an idea.

I still want Carvalho at DM.  Maybe move Gerrard up in a more advanced role. 

Archived