• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PC Gamers! G Sync and new Tech discussion

NavyPF4L

Just figured I'd throw up a discussion for the PC guys here to discuss the new tech's that are coming out and what not.

I was wondering also if you any of you guys have any experience with some of the new stuff. I just got in 2 970 GTX's and I'm still waiting for my new monitor the ASUS ROG Swift 1440p 144hz G Sync monitor to come in the mail. As a gamer that's used a 1080p 60hz monitor I'm extremely excited to see what all this fuss is about the new monitors and the 144hz and GSync buzz.. Anyone know what to expect and to look for?

Also what games is everyone playing?

Yeah I know when I got my Samsung 55' 120hz it made pooh look like a mexican soap opera until I played around with settings. It should be arriving today so I'll post up my review and specs a little later. Reeeaaally looking forward to this Gsync poo since I play a lot of Arma 3 , Arma 2 and Dayz.

I'd highly recommend the 970's they are on par with AMD's 290x and the 780 ti's while running quieter and more efficient. Which effectively makes them good cards to overclock. Not to mention the price on them is amazeballs.

As far as the G Sync monitor I got in this weekend.. holy pooh man. It's one of those things that you have to see to believe.. Super smooth frames and at 1440p <twice that of 1080p> and at 144hz.. It's freaking gorgeous and mind blowing.. I literally had to tweak my mouse settings because of this monitor. It's really costly right now but it will save you money in the long run because you wont have to upgrade video cards as often. As long as you stay in the 40fps and higher area your game will run as if you are playing at 120 fps.

Archived