• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jangler

This movie should win every special effect and technical award its nominated for. Aside from the extreme fantasy stuff, you can barely tell the digital work from the live action. Once this technology gets applied to more mudane movies.....wow.....

Don't you mean once it gets applied to a movie with a script, actors and dialogue?

Avatar is pretty to look at, but it's a poo, poo film.

Avatar depends on what Aristotle would call spectacle--it uses the pretty lights and 3-D to distract us from the fact that the story is cliche and well trod, and doesn't even approach the subject matter in an original way. But it's what movies like this have been built on since The Phantom Menace and the true advent of CGI.

I thought it was ok. I saw it in 3-D and if not for that I would not have liked it that much. Really cool to look at not a very thought out story. James Camron is a good director, but for him to have the #1 and #2 all time money making movies, I dont know. Titanic was good, but I could never watch the movie again. I saw it twice and the second time was one of the most boring 3 hrs of my life. T2 and Aliens are far better movies than Avitar and Titanic. James Camron has learned all the tricks to advertising. The promoting of those two movies was done better than any other movies that I can think of.

say what u want but it just reached 2 billion dollars

ALL TIME WORLDWIDE

1. Avatar $2,040,502,416

2. Titanic $1,843,201,268

3. Return of the King $1,119,110,941

In-fla-tion. Take inflation into effect, it's not even that big of an all-time hit. Gone With the Wind and Star Wars are still kings. Idiotic to compare 2010 dollars to 1930s'. Hell, even look at tickets sold it's not that big compared to how many theaters it's shown in worldwide.

In-fla-tion. Take inflation into effect, it's not even that big of an all-time hit. Gone With the Wind and Star Wars are still kings. Idiotic to compare 2010 dollars to 1930s'. Hell, even look at tickets sold it's not that big compared to how many theaters it's shown in worldwide.

oh I know that...im not arguing that fact....Im just stating that it went over 2 billion dollars.

remember those numbers are domestic only. Whatever u say about worldwide it still made the money and sold tickets. with 3-d and imax it is obviously going to be high. You also have to consider most of the movies you are talking about havent been in the last 20 years . So Avatar is still pretty high comparatively, and its only been a month

Archived