• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heat vs. Hornets 1/21/15 7:00 PM EST

Wundrbread33

Al is severely being underrated by some of the posters on this board.

Just think back, up til three years ago Charlotte hadn't seen a legit post presence since Okafor and it really hurt us.

I can guarantee you that if Kemba comes back down to earth, Biz won't be able to carry the load offensively like Al can. He (Biz) a a great hustle player that deserves 20 minutes a game. However, until he develops a jump shot and a post game he's still a 6th/7th man type of guy.

You can't have three solely defensive players on the court (Henderson, MKG, Biz).

This isn't the college game and some people on this board need to recognize that.

This is about the future more-so than the present. And looking ahead, thanks to the emergence of Biz, Al should be old news. He was brought in as a stopgap until Biz was ready. Now, Biz is ready.

Maybe if Al wasn't slow, didnt stop the ball to iso in the post, and played better defense and was in shape this season I'd be a little more forgiving.

Meanwhile Biz can barely catch the ball yet he is all over the place defensively and has worked his butt off to get to this point.

Just think back, up til three years ago Charlotte hadn't seen a legit post presence since Okafor and it really hurt us.

I can guarantee you that if Kemba comes back down to earth, Biz won't be able to carry the load offensively like Al can. He (Biz) a a great hustle player that deserves 20 minutes a game. However, until he develops a jump shot and a post game he's still a 6th/7th man type of guy.

You can't have three solely defensive players on the court (Henderson, MKG, Biz).

This isn't the college game and some people on this board need to recognize that.

2013 Al-Biz? Absolutely.

2014 Al-Biz? Nope.

Look at our record when Biz plays 20+ minutes vs when he doesn't.

I definitely see what you mean, and I agree Al is being underrated by those that just pay attention to the start of this season.

Offensively he has the best array of post moves out there, but he has just never been even an average defender, and when he is he plays below his usual number offensively and falls out of rhythm he becomes a major liability. Teams abuse us inside when he is in the game and he needs to flat step it up defensively. No way around it.

When it comes to Biz, the way he has been playing this year, I do not see how anyone cannot see that he belongs in the starting rotation/deserves to get starter minutes.

A post defender that completely alters the opposing offenses dribble drive offense > A solid offensive big that allows as many buckets on the interior that he makes.

Biz is not their offensively, we all see that, but he is better than he gets credit for. He rolls well to the basket, has underrated hands, and has good form on his jump shot. I hope to see him develop more confidence in that shot since the form is there. Either way, I don't mind him getting a bunch of minutes while his offensive game develops as he locks down he post defensively.

In my opinion though, the weak link right now is Zeller in terms of putting the ball in the hoop. He needs to confidently take that 18 foot shot; instead, he is tentative and our opponents know it. I like Zeller a lot, and that shot has improved greatly since his first rookie games. I have confidence that he will continue to improve.

In terms of the wings...I really want to see more of Hairston and Taylor. I know Taylor is still catching up...but he provides so much more than Neal offers, especially the way he has played lately.

Archived