• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015 Summer Transfer Thread

C47

I mean not really.  They tried to play STerling as a CAM but his true home is clearly winger or even second striker.  I think Firmino is a CAM, and our best player (Cou) is a CAM.  SO I'm wondering how Brendan is gonna work this out

Firmino is a winger, he's not a very good passer.  He competes only something like 75% of his passes, you don't want him to play CAM and he's not a good striker.  Firmino is a natural winger.

Firmino is a winger, he's not a very good passer.  He competes only something like 75% of his passes, you don't want him to play CAM and he's not a good striker.  Firmino is a natural winger.

Alright, thanks for correcting me.  I really haven't seen him play much so I wasn't too sure.  Still don't think it means it's the end of Sterling, seeing as Raheem can play either wing spot.

Alright, thanks for correcting me.  I really haven't seen him play much so I wasn't too sure.  Still don't think it means it's the end of Sterling, seeing as Raheem can play either wing spot.

Sterling would be decent Center Forward rather than striker and Liverpool counter attack would be respectable but I think Liverpool will sell him for 50m pounds...

They will not play Sterling and Lalana on the same side because if Sterling starts it will hurt Lalana chances being selected to English national team.  Lalana will be pissed.  Honestly, it goes the same for Sturridge... Sturridge plays CF for England and if Sterling moves to starting CF position, it will hurt Sturridge chances with English national team.

The notion that Firmino can't score is incorrect. Sure, he's not as clinical as a pure striker, but he's scored 32 goals in the last two seasons. He's also assisted a ton. Between goals, assists, and CCC, he's been involved in 60+ goals over his last 73 league and cup appearances for Hoffenheim. Hardly a slouch.

The notion that Firmino can't score is incorrect. Sure, he's not as clinical as a pure striker, but he's scored 32 goals in the last two seasons. He's also assisted a ton. Between goals, assists, and CCC, he's been involved in 60+ goals over his last 73 league and cup appearances for Hoffenheim. Hardly a slouch.

His apps and goals dropped a lot.  He had very good year in 2013-2014 but other than that he was nothing special.  Last year he had total of 10 goals in 36 matches.  A year before 2013-2014 season he had 7 goals in 36 games.

2013-2014 season had his goals inflated because their attack was lethal and they had 3rd best scoring attack in Germany only behind Buyern Munich and Dortmund.  In 2014-2015 their attack went dildos.

Hope he can get back to his 2013-2014 form.  

His apps and goals dropped a lot.  He had very good year in 2013-2014 but other than that he was nothing special.  Last year he had total of 10 goals in 36 matches.  A year before 2013-2014 season he had 7 goals in 36 games.

2013-2014 season had his goals inflated because their attack was lethal and they had 3rd best scoring attack in Germany only behind Buyern Munich and Dortmund.  In 2014-2015 their attack went dildos.

Hope he can get back to his 2013-2014 form.  

Well, he had almost no talent around him this year. When the squad is good around him, he can produce. He's only 23, so he's not really going to be able to carry a team. Not saying this kid is a prolific scorer, I'm just saying that he's more than capable of nicking double digit goals from behind the striker.

Now we just need to get one more functional striker.

Sergio Ramos closing in on move to Manure.  Ramos just turned 29 and still has 4 years of good soccer left in him.  Would be awesome signing for Manure.

Where are you seeing this? Most of the Spanish press is doing a complete 180 on Ramos right now. Even being reported that he met with RM today to try and work out an extension. 

Where are you seeing this? Most of the Spanish press is doing a complete 180 on Ramos right now. Even being reported that he met with RM today to try and work out an extension. 

There are a bunch of reports of Ramos to United, but Real Madrid are trying to do everything they can to keep him. Daily Mail, ESPN, Marca, etc... have all commented on it, but I'm not sure if any of the reports are substantiated.

There are a bunch of reports of Ramos to United, but Real Madrid are trying to do everything they can to keep him. Daily Mail, ESPN, Marca, etc... have all commented on it, but I'm not sure if any of the reports are substantiated.

Yea I've seen them and I don't doubt that his agent (brother) is offering him up to every club possible to put the pressure on RM. That said, I would be pretty surprised if Ramos went anywhere, and AS/MArca/Copa/Managing Madrid etc have all said he met with RM today to try and work out an extension. I think it's all a negotiating play to try and maximize his contract. Much like Ronaldo being "sad".

Archived