• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Trailblazer Jerome Kersey dead at 52

JccOldTime23

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/blazers-legend-jerome-kersey-dies-at-52-042044226.html

One of the most memorable players in the history of the Portland Trail Blazers franchise has died. As reported by Yahoo's own Marc Spears and KGW News in Portland, veteran forward Jerome Kersey has died at the age of 52 years old.

I know this isn't Hornets related but it didn't seem to go in the general NBA topic either. He was apart of that really good Blazers team in the late 80's - early 90's. They made it to the finals twice losing to the Pistons and Bulls. It's sad news.

how does someone die from knee surgery?

He didn't die from the knee surgery, per say, he died from a blot clot that formed in his leg AFTER the surgery. His blod clot traveled to his lungs, I think it's called a pulmonary thrombosis? Anyway, I knew a lady a few years ago who went in to have a routine knee scope, then died two days later. Her blot clot went to her heart and caused a massive heart attack. I had the same surgery when I was 19 and dying never even crossed my mind. Just goes to show you, there is no such thing as a "safe" or routine surgery.

Archived