• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DWill cap savings

AU-panther

You are correct in that both overthecap.com and spotrac list the $1,000,000 option bonus as part of his dead money. If this is correct the numbers you are listing are pretty much right.

There is a possibility though that the team might not be responsible for the option bonus if DWill is cut before it is due. In the article that I linked above from overthecap.com the author states this. If this happens to be true his dead money would be $5.6m.

It is somewhat ambiguous. Most time if the bonus is paid by being on the team at a certain point in time isn't it usually considered to be a roster bonus rather than an option bonus? I know it is semantics but being the offseason before free agency starts, there is little else to debate.

It is somewhat ambiguous. Most time if the bonus is paid by being on the team at a certain point in time isn't it usually considered to be a roster bonus rather than an option bonus? I know it is semantics but being the offseason before free agency starts, there is little else to debate.

That's a good question and one I have been curious about.

This article states that an option bonus is treated like a signing bonus and prorated over the life of the contract, whereas a roster bonus is accounted for in the year it is received.

https://nflsalarycapguru.wordpress.com/

Archived