• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cornerbacks in the draft & where they stack up

davos

Doran Grant out of Ohio State is pretty good.  About the same size and speed as Nelson.  Should go around the same area as him as well, end of the 2nd to the end of the 3rd.

I hear you on this one.  He generated some buzz after his pro-day and would be a great mid-round selection.  Same with Rowe.  

Those two seem quick enough to warrant a legit hybrid nickel-safety DB wildcard.  Grant seems to be a really good fit from what I'm reading in places:

No one in Ohio State’s football program is surprised by what Grant can do. He said his body fat is about 4.5 percent, and he’s a former winner of strength coach Mickey Marotti’s Iron Buckeye Award, which honors players who best exemplify unquestionable physical training dedication, determination, discipline, toughness and leadership.

The 5-foot-10¼, 200-pound Grant knows exactly what he’s capable of providing at the next level.

“Coverage skills and being able to come up in run support as a physical corner and a fast one who can cover,” he said. “Being able to be a great leader. I know NFL teams want leadership. They want grown men on their team, and I think I can provide that.”

Voted an Ohio State captain last season as a senior, Grant said he considers himself a natural-born leader who had to learn how to speak up about it.

“I feel like verbally, my last two years, junior and senior year, is when I really stepped out of my shell,” Grant said. “I always led by example. I always did everything right. But leading more verbally and being that standout guy [happened] my last two years, I think. My coaches, they really challenged me to step out of my shell. It really worked for the better for the whole team.”

Grant said the San Francisco 49ers and Indianapolis Colts were among the teams that scheduled formal interviews with him at the combine. He said he spoke to the Detroit Lions, Miami Dolphins and Carolina Panthers last month at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.

On Monday, ESPN.com reported Grant had a good meeting with the Browns at the combine.

“I’ve won everywhere I’ve been,” said Grant, who compiled 63 tackles, five interceptions and a team-high 14 passes defensed in 15 games last season during the Buckeyes’ run to a national title. “I feel I can contribute and help another team win.”

NFLDraftScout.com projects Grant as a fourth-round pick, and Mayock has a similar opinion.

“He’s a really good football player, and from all I’ve heard, he’s a great kid and a hard-work ethic kid,” Mayock said of Grant. “He’s the kind of guy I would bet on. I think he’s going to go in the middle rounds. I think he’ll play special teams, and I think he can help a team win.”

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/ohio-state-cornerback-doran-grant-an-akron-native-proves-he-shouldn-t-be-underestimated-at-nfl-scouting-combine-1.569261

Archived